Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2006, 02:45 AM

Default Re: Who reraises here?? Me vs KKF again at 25/50

[ QUOTE ]
cardshark,

So let's look at what we've learned here and how your future actions will be affected. We've learned that when KKF has position on you he can minraise you on the river and:

1) Get you to call with A hi and any pair since you saw this hand;

2) Get you to reraise him with air when he has the nuts since you'll often put him on air and you have worse air that can't win a showdown;

. . . and most importantly,

3) Have you cowed into submission where he gets the benefits of above without the risk of being reraised by non-nut likely to be best hands that you hold.

Man, that sure is sweet for KKF. He is the psychological master (of you).

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh I think you are taking the implications of not reraising a little too far. I'm not going to be his pussy whipped bitch just because I didn't see the value of reraising here, especially the way the hand was played out. I obviously know Kane is good and I'm not going to play like an idiot against him regardless of this hand. And its not like it took this hand to make me realize he is capable of bluffing.

But I probably do need work in general on raising non nut hands for value on the end. And I like how in your criticism you tried to sound like as much of an [censored] as you could.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cardshark,

So let's look at what we've learned here and how your future actions will be affected. We've learned that when KKF has position on you he can minraise you on the river and:

1) Get you to call with A hi and any pair since you saw this hand;

2) Get you to reraise him with air when he has the nuts since you'll often put him on air and you have worse air that can't win a showdown;

. . . and most importantly,

3) Have you cowed into submission where he gets the benefits of above without the risk of being reraised by non-nut likely to be best hands that you hold.

Man, that sure is sweet for KKF. He is the psychological master (of you).

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh I think you are taking the implications of not reraising a little too far. I'm not going to be his pussy whipped bitch just because I didn't see the value of reraising here, especially the way the hand was played out. I obviously know Kane is good and I'm not going to play like an idiot against him regardless of this hand. And its not like it took this hand to make me realize he is capable of bluffing.

But I probably do need work in general on raising non nut hands for value on the end. And I like how in your criticism you tried to sound like Diablo as you could.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:09 AM

as played this is a really easy river call unless you think he'll make a tilt call of some kind. i think it would be a bad push if he's playing well at the time.

getting into stuff like he might think you're bluffing or i want to fold out his trash just so he doesn't see what i have type stuff is too marginal a consideration in this spot IMO. this is a matter of calling ranges and hand values -- raising just doesn't make sense to me in this type of spot.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:23 AM

Subfallen,

Here in HSNL, Ray Zee is our shepherd. Unfortunately he is frequently innattentive and out admiring the Montana flora and fauna, and some of the sheep wander off the edge of a cliff or get eaten by wolves in his absence. But when he's gone El D is the head sheep in charge. Naturally the rest of us sheep try to imitate his tone when we go "baaaah baaaah" ourselves.

(Yeah I know that sounded like El D as well, but see above.)
Old 08-09-2006, 05:46 AM

Card,

This is an easy push IMO against me.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:59 AM

BluffTHIS! I haven't read any of your posts before I guess you usually post in the PLO forum but from the past two HSNL threads you've posted in you sound like a real dick.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Card,

[/ QUOTE ]
nice try kane. this is strong evidence that calling was correct.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Card,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It's a reraise (not necessarily a push, but could be), because the people saying KKF has no trouble folding trips are out of their goddam minds. Don't you realize how often people will make crazy bluffs against good lags? I agree that you're usually ahead, but his range is not simply a boat or air. He calls a reraise more than half the time with good trips, and he needs to.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Card,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It's a reraise (not necessarily a push, but could be), because the people saying KKF has no trouble folding trips are out of their goddam minds. Don't you realize how often people will make crazy bluffs against good lags? I agree that you're usually ahead, but his range is not simply a boat or air. He calls a reraise more than half the time with good trips, and he needs to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.