Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2006, 11:54 PM

Default Re: river play?

The river is close between bet/fold and check/fold given that villain seems reasonable (if loose). There aren't really any hands in his bluffing range since AQ/AJ likely check behind here to beat a busted draw and can't expect a pair to fold if they bet after the action to here. Maybe QJs shoots one at you, but not enough of his range to warrant a call.

Personally I think bet/folding is the better course of action, though it depends on how likely you think villain is to look you up with those same unimproved aces, and whether that gets you more of the pot than check/folding. This guy seems mistrustful from his stats, so go ahead and bet.

Plenty of other posters have mentioned your poor flop and turn play, and I think those are the salient points in this hand. I disagree with the call preflop, but if you are going to do it you have to get your chips back when you hit a flop like this. What else were you hoping for except top pair on a ragged board?