Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 02:30 PM

Default 5NL - As 9s in BB turned flush draw + gut shot

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.10 BB (6 handed) Ultimate Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Villain is FOS and has been bluffing off the $25 stack he built up early in the session...villain is 63/29/1.8 and has been raising any 2 cards and representing aces or kings on flops that contain those cards. He basically built up a stack bullying the table. My image was pretty tight at 17/14 and I decided to use it on the turn.

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Hero ($10.22)
UTG ($4.20)
MP ($4.44)
CO ($12.05)
Button ($9.38)
SB ($3.41)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.35</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.25.

Flop: ($0.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75.

Turn: ($2.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $2.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero shoves</font>.

I shoved here because:

A) I didn't think villain caught any piece of this board
B) I turned gave me an inside straight draw and I made a decision that villain was not on a club draw, making the 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] a clean out. That being said, I believe I have 12 clean outs on the turn.

Is the turn shove standard or spew. Should I have shoved the flop, or CRAI the flop? Do I really have fold equity against this type of villain? Thanks in advance for all your comments/criticism.

AC
Old 11-07-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: 5NL - As 9s in BB turned flush draw + gut shot

Bump...is this not interesting?
Old 11-07-2007, 06:30 PM

I don't think any of the 2's are clean outs, since any 6 makes a higher straight.

How often does this guy fold? Have you seen him call people down with a pair on that type of board? If so shoving is really bad here.

Usually against villains with these stats value-betting made hands or inducing bluffs with made hands when you're not the aggressor is a much better strategy. Bluffs and semi-bluffs are likely to get you in big trouble.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:34 PM

1) you are playing on UB. AP owns UB - see BBV for what's happened on AP.

2) I think you need to take a look at his WTSD stat to see what kind of FE you have. If he WTSD a lot, then I CRAI on this flop as you should be the fav here most of the time.

On the turn it is a bit spewy because that 5 will have helped him more often than not.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:00 PM

ok, im not a fan of the pf cold call. a9ss against a villain with those stats is likely to be ahead. i prefer to get as much money in the pot as possible when i think i have the best hand. so pf i would 3bet him. as played, i do not in any way like the push. this type of villain will ALWAYS call with any part of the board, so your push is spew, imo. you just CANNOT bluff, semi-bluff, whatever, these players. You HAVE to have a hand (not the nuts, but some kind of hand). Now you do have outs, I will grant you this, but I would rather get there cheap, and i just dont think you have ANY fe here.