Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Is this a bluff enough?

Hey getitfixed, I think you are severely underestimating how much you suck. You should focus on your huge leaks first. For example, if everyone says "WTF is that preflop/flop action?" you could take that as a hint that you are a crappy player.

No offense intended, I hope I didn't hurt your feelings or anger you.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:46 AM

Great deduction, except that I use this minbet pattern with a wide range and it has proven to be successful.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Great deduction, except that I use this minbet pattern with a wide range and it has proven to be successful.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are the first winning player i have seen use minbet succesfully! Congrats! do you coach? If not, i know many extremely succesfully highstakes player that somehow must have missed this great move.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rib- I hope you are joking

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Do not open the pot preflop with a min raise. Do not min bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the minraise coming in is fine. The flop is pretty bad unless it was part of a plan to induce the raise and 3 bet.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:39 PM

I'm sure that it would have less and less success as you go up in levels. I am mostly a .5/1 and 1/2 player. Do you want me to post my stats to prove that I am a winning player? I'm not sure why this post has turned in to an attack of the minbet haters, lol. I thought my OP was a legit question. It seems nobody thinks Villan would play NFD this way?

I would explain the frequency I use this lead and the reasoning behind it, but I'm sure it would lead to more WONDERFUL responses, so I'll pass.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:48 PM

Round- On this hand, it was not done to try and 3 bet. The frequency I use this though induces players to raise quite often and to call thin when I do 3 bet as I can show up with air or close to it here (not as often as they might think though). I'm sooooo sorry thatpeople disagree with my play and I welcome you all to come break me if you are willing to drop down to my .5/1 and 1/2 games....I'm on FT for about 10k hands a month.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the minraise coming in is fine. The flop is pretty bad unless it was part of a plan to induce the raise and 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if he min raises everything else too, including AAxx.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if he min raises everything else too, including AAxx.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think if he min raises this hand 100% and min raises AAxx 25% of the time or so, that would be OK. But I haven't put a lot of thought into balancing a preflop strategy around this.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:45 PM

op, i guess maybe one of the points of not min betting the flop is to help define your hand.

min bet on that flop might induce a nut flush draw to check raise where if you bet pot, then nut flush draws might have more of a tendencie to smooth call.

if you bet pot and get smooth called......then you have a better idea of not being up against a set.

i'm sure there are times when the min bet works well for you, but in this spot, it makes a tough decision on the river. with your reasoning........you should probably call.

i'm not trying to be a smart ass but if your a winning player and have stats, then you should have enough stats to tell yourself if this river situation.....as played......is profitable to call.

your asking a question based on information that most people cant give because most people dont min bet on flop.

but as played, the probability that villan has busted flush draw is more likely. how much more likely? hmmmmmm, i have no idea.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:47 PM

Yeah, I don't mind preflop at all, if CO and Button are fairly straightforward preflop. I do think that the flop is bad though with a solid, yet vulnerable hand on a drawy board. If you min-bet occasionally against bad players, that's fine, but when top pair or a 3-hi flush draw both have 9 outs against you, I think it's a bad idea. You pretty much have to pot this. As played, folding the river's probably correct although you will see a bluff occasionally here and I wouldn't mind a call with your blockers.