Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2006, 02:00 PM

Default is this standard

1) raising almost any when sb open limps?
2)donk bet means weakness?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($26.75)
Button ($24)
SB ($35.70)
Hero ($25.35)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, SB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>
Old 12-26-2006, 02:05 PM

Default Re: is this standard

raising almost any? I think 5 T o is taking it a bit far. Personaly, the raise isnt that bad but id fold the flop. You going to deep with a hand you dont want to get involved in a confrintaion with.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:18 PM

It is okay to check behind with a non-premium hand when the SB limps. You're not really going to make much in the long run by getting him to fold against your crap cards.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:21 PM

Just check it pf. Now i raised pf and u're not winning now almousw anything but u can lose pretty big. Losing one bb (25c) isnt so bad.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:32 PM

The trick to winning a blind war like this is to have a good read on your opponent. You didn't provide one, so it's hard to answer your question.

Assuming that villain is capable of folding - a somewhat decent TAG or a player with weak/tight tendencies - then your play is excellent. If villain is passive and likes to get to showdown, or if villain is a better than average TAG, you're probably going to get into trouble if you try this very often.

Essentially, your play on this hand is a bluff. And the whole point of bluffing is to do it when your fairly certain your opponent won't call. Without a read you don't have that certainty.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:19 PM

I don't think this is standard against any player, i.e. against unknowns.

I think, if you do it everytime, you can easily run into traps by observant opponents and will have to play a lot of raised pots with crap hands. And normally even the weakest player will realize what you are doing at some point. It is usefull to try this quite often to establish a read (which itself is only really usefull if he is a regular...), but I wouldn't do it just on principle alone. When you are sure you can outplay him postflop, I would do it there. I certainly wouldn't commit a lot of chips with a trash hand on "donk bet means weakness". If your opponent is 2p2, it might easily be "donk bet means bet/reraise with a set".
Old 12-26-2006, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) raising almost any when sb open limps?
2)donk bet means weakness?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($26.75)
Button ($24)
SB ($35.70)
Hero ($25.35)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, SB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

looks okay to here....but i prefer to pick my battles with cards that have some outs to help me along ....

If he calls the $5 bet , i think i'm beat...and check/fold...which i hate, but what's my upside from here....unless his stats are like 65/30/2...in which case i'm still in damage control mode trying to see it down cheap.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:08 PM

raising flop is bad. just call flop lead.