Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2006, 09:46 PM

Default Flaw in my game, need help...

I havent posted much lately cause I havent been playing, but I just noticed something in my play I need help with. When I go on a losing streak ( like I am now) and I have a bad session, I seem to stick to fundamental play and not tilt. Something I learned over the past few months. I dont call out of anger or frustration anymore, I learned to control my emotions which has helped immensly. Lately tho, I find myself playing and enjoying when I get sucked out on! Its like a car crash, I just cant look away! I keep playing and the 2 and 4 outers keep hitting, hand after hand after hand (just lost to a 3 outer after hitting str8 on 5th while typing this lol). The more it happens the more I want to play and watch it keep happening, the more I want to lose just to see how many hands I can lose as a 10 or 20 to 1 favorite. For some reason it becomes funny to me. I dont start to tilt either, I stay focused and I play well, but I cant stop enjoying the losing.

I need to know if this has happened to anyone else here, and what this means about my game. Need to get this cleared up, its cutting into my monthly profit.

Thanks,

Worm
Old 08-29-2006, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Flaw in my game, need help...

For some reason this post reminds me of my dog, who enjoys eating wasps no matter how many times he gets stung. He is on a permanent buzz at this time of the year.

Poker masochism huh? You should buy some leather underwear, put studs on the inside and play with them on to complete the experience.

Now that I have had my fun, no I have never heard of this. It sounds harmless enough if you really don't modify your play and go looking for hands to lose.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:02 PM

Worm, let's see who can lose more, faster.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:50 PM

Im in Beer, 50 BBs last night and 10 tonight, Ill put updates up as they occur over the week. I wish pokerroom had hand converter to complete the experience, but i guess this will do.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im in Beer, 50 BBs last night and 10 tonight, Ill put updates up as they occur over the week. I wish pokerroom had hand converter to complete the experience, but i guess this will do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Worm, you want NO piece of this. Trust me.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:10 AM

How is this NOT tilt?
Old 08-30-2006, 01:01 PM

if you're actually playing correctly, saving bets when you can and maximixing ones when you can, then its all money in the bank.

i have never really steamed when i play live EVER, but only when i play online for some reason.. but even online, i just realize that its money in the bank if i played it correctly.. and most of the time, but not all.. i did. and thats all you can really do, look at it in a way that puts a positive spin on it for you.. because this is an emotional rollercoaster of a lifestyle.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker masochism huh? You should buy some leather underwear, put studs on the inside and play with them on to complete the experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow its wayyyy too early in the day to get this type of visual [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2006, 02:55 AM

Ok, starting a 3rd session to see where this leads. Im very intoxicated. Not normailly how I play, but been successsful lately. And begin.......
Old 08-31-2006, 05:19 PM

Dropped about 40BBs. Difficult table, 4 and 5 players to 5th every hand. Couldnt isolate anyone, so nothing held up. Back to the drawing board.