Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 10:29 AM

Default 77 UTG

No good reads on the villains. I've only played 15 hands with them.

MP3 has played tight. He hasn't showed down any hands yet.

SB is looks like a loose player who likes to cold call.
He has showed down 3 hands:
Q5s MP limp, doesn't raise TPWK sWEAK, doesn't raise turned trips WEAK.
K4s BB calls EP raise, donks flop w/ TPNK + FD.
92s BTN cold call. Standard postflop w/ flopped trips.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero calls, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7SB, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero ????

Should I bet/fold here hoping that MP3 is on whiffed overcards?

I want to know if I'm ahead or behind early so I don't have to call turn and river with the worse hand. Poor logic? I'm not even sure if I'm ahead of loose-passive SB and maybe MP3 will raise for a free card with a flush draw. There's also the reversed implied odds if I'm ahead.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: 77 UTG

I would check and see. Your in a tough spot between a calling station and someone who has position on you and raised pre flop. After you checked if the action went bet/call i would probably toss it.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:13 PM

With two overs I'm outta here on the flop.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:21 PM

Bet/fold sounds good to me. If we're raised our prospects are bleak. SB doesn't seem to have a lot of trickery, so a c/r by him seems very strong. If MP raises who knows with the limited read, but OOP makes this a bad spot.

If one or both call the flop, I'm betting any blank turn and probably check/folding a scary turn.

I hate these spots OOP, and hands like this are probably a big leak of mine.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:52 PM

Also in online games today I almost never open limp unless the table is really loose passive. I play mostly 6-max so take this for what its worth.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Should I bet/fold here hoping that MP3 is on whiffed overcards?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It is quite likely that PFR has a hand that beats yours and will raise/ but he will frequently raise here with a hand that is worse than yours but includes a draw or two (e.g. flush draw, BDFD w/ either A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], GSSD w/ KQ) so I think that donking here does a poor job of accomplishing your goal for the donk in the first place - which is to "find out where you are."

If the flop had been something like J86r., I'd be much more inclined to b/f the flop, but this flop is sufficiently draw heavy that I think your just tossing away a SB those times that your hand is ahead.

A better strategy would be a check-and-see. Here are the possible outcomes of that move:

-MP bets, SB raises (w/ either a Jack or a semi-bluff with a strong draw): you can easily fold.

-MP bets, SB calls: Both players could have you beat and if they don't already, it is unlikely your hand will hold up: you can fold, although it isn't as easy.

-MP bets, SB folds: here you can call, and plan on c/r'ing the turn UI. Many villians will take the free card on the turn if they do not improve with their AQ+, AT, KT, or KQ and if no broadway lands on the river, you know your hand is good.