Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2006, 02:48 PM

Default QQ gets minraised PF......

The minraise could be anything,. leaving me in the dark on how to play the hand once he called my flop bet. Better ideas please, or any thoughts at all... ty
villains stats are 28/8/2 so he's not doing a lot of this . I'v ebeen coming up 2nd best a lot here so have a weak table image

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">UTG ($20.50)</font>
MP ($25.95)
CO ($58.75)
Button ($24.66)
SB ($87.60)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($48.85)</font>

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $4.5</font>, MP folds, SB folds, Hero calls $2.

Flop: ($10) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, UTG calls $20.50 (All-In), Hero calls $11.

Turn: ($46.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($46.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $46.50
Old 12-26-2006, 02:56 PM

Default Re: QQ gets minraised PF......

That's not a minraise, is it? He raises your 1.5 raise by 2.5 more... On the flop he pushes for 16 not 20.50 (his initial stack), right? The HH is a little messed up.

It's ugly because he limp-reraises before the flop and he is quite a tight raiser. I bet you see AK, JJ here almost never and AA, KK the majority of the time. Flop looks like he finally got what he wanted. I cut my losses and fold.

Edit: Majority meaning: worse than 3:1. Limp/reraise before the flop and raising all-in on a small flop is a very strong play. And unless you showed signs mentioned in the post below mine, you are toast. If this is a bluff, you probably would have noticed weird play by villain before.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:56 PM

Stats don't tell you enough to decide how to play this hand. You need to ask some questions about how villain plays...

1) What hands have you seen villain min-raise with? If the min-raise is his standard raise then treat it like a normal raise. If not, is his hand weaker or stronger than normal?

2) You said you've been getting a lot of second best hands. Have they seen showdown, or are you folding? If you're folding a lot under pressure, then villain may think you're weak/tight and his flop play may be him taking a shot at you. If you're getting to showdown, he probably thinks you're loose/passive and his flop play is for value.

3) Are you tilting? Could the table think you're tilting? If so, villain's play is definately for value.

All things being equal, villain's play has been very strong in this hand. Barring a solid read that says otherwise, I'd be pretty confident that you're looking at AA/KK. Bet/fold is your best line on this flop. Don't call his push.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:59 PM

Bet $8 on the flop. As played, fold. Villian's play indicates he's has KK+.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's not a minraise, is it? He raises your 1.5 raise by 2.5 more...

[/ QUOTE ]

No but close enough for discussion purposes....

[ QUOTE ]
On the flop he pushes for 16 not 20.50 (his initial stack), right? The HH is a little messed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah , FTR did it like this.

It's ugly because he limp-reraises before the flop and he is quite a tight raiser. I bet you see AK, JJ here almost never and AA, KK the majority of the time. Flop looks like he finally got what he wanted. I cut my losses and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for input...
Old 12-26-2006, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You figure this amount will deter him from bluffing, given the short stack????....and also keep me from puttin more in if he flat calls...is that it?
Old 12-26-2006, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You figure this amount will deter him from bluffing, given the short stack????....and also keep me from puttin more in if he flat calls...is that it?

[/ QUOTE ]

No that has nothing to do with it.... you just want to get into the habit of betting the pot strong.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stats don't tell you enough to decide how to play this hand. You need to ask some questions about how villain plays...

1) What hands have you seen villain min-raise with? If the min-raise is his standard raise then treat it like a normal raise. If not, is his hand weaker or stronger than normal?

2) You said you've been getting a lot of second best hands. Have they seen showdown, or are you folding? If you're folding a lot under pressure, then villain may think you're weak/tight and his flop play may be him taking a shot at you. If you're getting to showdown, he probably thinks you're loose/passive and his flop play is for value.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have been showing down the hands and getting beat with good but second best hands.

[ QUOTE ]
3) Are you tilting? Could the table think you're tilting? If so, villain's play is definately for value.

[/ QUOTE ] I don't think i'm tilting, but man am i depressed.....at the way its going.....lol...and i think i'm calling rather than betting , when i should be betting.[/quote}
[ QUOTE ]
All things being equal, villain's play has been very strong in this hand. Barring a solid read that says otherwise, I'd be pretty confident that you're looking at AA/KK. Bet/fold is your best line on this flop. Don't call his push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have it right here
Old 12-26-2006, 03:30 PM

I'm always calling this flop push.

Although his preflop line is pretty strange, you're getting great odds to call. I find it pretty hard to fold on this wet flop.