Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody's gonna go to jail over this, but AP should lose as much credibility as possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stealing 100$ from a store will get you arrested. Surely, stealing thousands then should get you somewhere....

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, the total value stolen is probably in the millions. And, I didn't say anything about should. Yes, they should go to jail. But guess what? These guys stole from Americans engaged in activities of questionable legality, through a company funneled through a Canadian reservation, and live in Costa Rica. Who's going to put them in jail?

On the plus side, they are in CR, so some mafioeses might stab them with poopy screwdrivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was afraid of. Good message to the rest of the baddies "Don't worry if you get caught, worse comes to worse you'll still be a free man".
Old 10-18-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Good point, but srs question:

Do we know anyone who has been busted for chip dumping at AP?

[/ QUOTE ]

We know that they claimed chip dumping didn't happen.

Whoever made that decision shouldn't work there anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, but my question is whether the monthlong wait for this happened because of incompetence or malice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's because you've 6 figures tied up and it's clouding you but your judgement through this entire thing has been very poor. But this is a silly question. I also think continually playing there and supporting them is a slap in the face to everyone who has researched this for you and you're probably one of the biggest beneficiaries of their work. Shouldn't matter how juicy the games are or how big the overlay is supporting AP is a bad decision regardless of how +EV it maybe. It's just one opinion that doesn't matter as poker players will vote with their dollars.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Good point, but srs question:

Do we know anyone who has been busted for chip dumping at AP?

[/ QUOTE ]

We know that they claimed chip dumping didn't happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

They tried this line many times.

Then in the zoo thread posted by their support they actually relent on this issue- but say it's "to several unrelated accounts" or some nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

They had some statement to the effect of "We know something really specific that we can't tell you that makes it clear this play is legitimate." Obv there's nothing legitimate about what happened there, and I could never see a Poker Stars security guy ever saying anything that dumb.

Either the guy who wrote that was an idiot trying to cover this [censored] up, or he was a huge idiot.

Regardless, he shouldn't be working with large amounts of money.

Edit: I'm talking about their original statement. Guy who wrote that statement and people who signed off on it should be fired.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I may connect a few dots...

According to the wayback machine (www.archive.org), the statement on AP's site that they are owned by a Kahnawake sole proprietorship did not appear on the site until after June, 2007.

Scott Tom stopped shilling for AP on 2p2 around June, 2007.

The questionable playing started soon after June, 2007.

I am guessing that a statement will be released that the ex-owner compromised a number of accounts and Absolute had no idea the hole existed, hence the denials.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, maybe I'm stupid, but this is a plausible explanation, isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolu...er certainly.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ikestoys is looking for the most fragile thread of an excuse to continue playing there.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, my excuse for playing there has always been money. Sometimes you have to take risks with your investments to become a millionaire.

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, but my question is whether the monthlong wait for this happened because of incompetence or malice.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the perspective of security, does it really matter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a serious question of whether or not AP did this as a company (which is 100% not proven) or they got exposed by a former employee. I'd definitely feel some sympathy for the company in the later, if they addressed the problem as soon as they figured out something was truly wrong they fixed the problem.

Default Re: gg AP

Let's not forget that they did an internal investigation into these allegations earlier and cleared themselves. That in itself is corporate fraud IMO. It's obvious that their internal investigations have no relevance, and these are the same people that pass judgment on player wrongdoings when instances occur?

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't enough, don't settle for this guys unless they are forthcoming with full details and willing to submit to a 100% independent audit. Don't let them buy you off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you not realize how bad it would be for online poker and by extension all of us, if this thing is pushed any further?
Old 10-18-2007, 11:54 PM

Also, FWIW, I think it's really clear that moving money onto absolute now would be insane.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:54 PM

Yes, truly amazing work. Absolutlely (oops) impressed.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so far, this has been the highlight of my life

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

fmp

[/ QUOTE ]

yea you haven't gotten much love josem, but nice work. It was funny to see your #'s come out similar to the WIZARD OF ODDS'.
Closed Thread