Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 04:02 PM

Default NL 25 QQ vs a set?? again?

Sorry, I don't have the hand history.

I just sat down at the table. I raise QQ on the CO to 1$. Both blinds call. Flops comes 279 rainbow. Pot is 3$. Small blind bets 2$, big blinds calls and I raise to 9$, small blinds goes all-in (we both had full stacks) and big blinds folds. I call and he shows 22. He wins my stack.

About 5-10 minutes after that, I got my stack up to 35$ after I reloaded. One limper and I raise to 1.25$ with QQ from the button, same guy who beat me calls from the big blind (he covers me) and the limper calls as well. Flops comes 36T rainbow. Pot is 3.85$, BB leads for 3$, limper folds and I raise to 10$ and he goes all-in. Same line as the hand before. Does he have a set again? I haven't been on the table long enough to see if he's very agressive.

What do I do? The stacks are deeper now... And while we're at it, do you make the call in the first hand or not?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: NL 25 QQ vs a set?? again?

Why did you raise the second hand if you were not insta-calling? The first on is ok, you need to protect your hand and one of them might come along with top pair or a gut shot or whatever. But the second hand, to put in 40 bb to "find out where you are at" seems like a fantastically bad idea vs this guy. Iīm not a big fan of folding overpairs, but let us say I hit raise accidentally and villain shoved, I would actually want to see him overplay some marginal one pair hand before I call. But donīt raise the second hand.

Edit: He is not playing mind games with you. He is not thinking "I showed a set last time so now he canīt call, hehe". He shoves a hand he thinks is a good hand to shove in this spot. What that hand is varies from player to player, but we have a read here that says he plays his good hands fast and he might be vaguely familiar with hand values.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:29 PM

as played I fold.

however I just flat call the flop, don't raise it to see where I stand - too keep the pot small - I don't want to fold overpair vs that guy, and he seems strong again.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:15 AM

1st hand idk, some villains shove a straight draw/pair+draw here. i'd be happy calling if i was getting 2-1 i reckon.

edit: ehh i don't really like what i just wrote much cos there are no pair+draws that make sense.

if he always calls pre and shoves T8o we've easily got odds. if he only calls T8s pre, and shoves that we don't: range

we need about 30% equity.

2nd hand sounds like a turbo muck. the board is much drier, and without reads, assume people aren't clever enough to b3b bluff just cos they had a set last time.