Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Hey entertainme

It's probably unnecessary to edit the title of every post when editing the title of a thread
Old 07-05-2007, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Hey entertainme

Usually I wouldn't. However, whenever anyone replies, they would reply to the later title.

Then if someone refreshes the main page, they're still going to see a thread title with two 2p2er's at a FT instead of three.

People come to 2p2 for lots of reasons, to learn more about the game, the sense of community, etc. I like the idea that if they do have some success in a tourney, like making a FT at the WSOP, they get some recognition and support back from us.

In essence, if you make a WSOP FT you deserve your name to show up on the front page when that thread has new posts.

Of course, I fail to consider that I have a very busy real life, and can't always do my best for everyone. I'm upset that I didn't catch that gaamblor and NLSoldier were at a FT Sunday night and they didn't get a FT sweat thread for example. I'm at the computer so much during the week, that I often stay away if at all possible on weekends.

Obviously Tl:dr [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

P.S. The poster I made the change to all the thread titles for, Electrik, took home the bracelet. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2007, 12:15 AM

true

the reason why i prefer not to see that is because then every post has an "edited by entertainme"... what did you edit? the title? something else? what if you have to edit a post for content as well?
Old 07-05-2007, 12:36 AM

WAIT ELECTRIK WON A BRACELET?!?!?!
Old 07-05-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WAIT ELECTRIK WON A BRACELET?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

With a $742K payday. Ship it!
Old 07-05-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
true

the reason why i prefer not to see that is because then every post has an "edited by entertainme"... what did you edit? the title?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I edited the title. It was only something like 15 posts.

[ QUOTE ]
something else? what if you have to edit a post for content as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

What if I also edited a post for content? Is your concern that you can't tell the difference? If it were anything noteworthy it would be in the user notes anyway.

As noted previously, I wouldn't normally edit all the titles, but felt it was worth it in this case. especially when Eletrik posted in the FT thread that I'd missed including him.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:00 PM

for those of you who don't know, and this may be semi private info, but i don't think:

Mike graduated college, and either took a year off before med school or didn't (can't remember right now). He was dating some chick, very seriously. Like intending to get married seriously. She wanted him to quit poker, and he didn't think he was going to have time for it with school happening (but mostly the first reason), so he did.

Very shortly thereafter he got rid of that chick, started being a major PUA, and well, he still didn't have time to play poker because he was at med school. But right before school started and right after school ended, he played some. Recently he has been playing like, low stakes nl because he's a semi-poor student and it's hard to move money around.

His life is obviously miles better now than it would be with some ho who wanted him to quit poker.

And finally, goddamn raptor runs good at non-poker stuff.