Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Stud Hi: Crappy Hand against 2 dead hands

I was in there trying to mix it up since all the Tens are dead, so there is really only 1 viable overcard. Call this down? Be more aggressive? Fold? No read on the players at the time (seat 3 turned out to be a bit of a wild one, but that doesn't matter here).

7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.20, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (7.85 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (5.43 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (8.43 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

River - (8.43 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks

Total pot: (10.43 BB - $20.85)
Old 04-03-2007, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Stud Hi: Crappy Hand against 2 dead hands

Well, you could always hope to catch another 10 & it would be a misdeal...[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] seriously though, I think you got rivered by seat 1. He hasn't showed any aggression whatsoever & now he bets. It's either a bluff or he made something. I'd probably just call down. It's only 1 more bet.

I wouldn't be concerned with seat 3. He has slowed down already. Probably raised 3rd with a three flush or small pair.

If you wanted to be more aggressive, I could see check/raising 4th...maybe.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:49 PM

As played, fold 5th. Calling down on 7th with 6s is stupid with seat 3 still to act. If you must play, then raise.

Should have been more aggresive on 3rd and 4th, but you had a tough position, so its hard to say because you needed seat 3 to cap 3rd. In the heat of battle, Ok, but fold 5th.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:09 PM

I would have limped third myself. Why you would need to "mix it up" in a $1/2 game is beyond me. Anyway, I'm not crazy about fifth, but what the hell can these guys have? The river's a pretty easy fold. You think he's bluffing his dead board into two players? I also wouldn't think the guy behind you is folding. I seriously doubt that a bluff raise would work often enough to be worth trying.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have limped third myself. Why you would need to "mix it up" in a $1/2 game is beyond me. Anyway, I'm not crazy about fifth, but what the hell can these guys have? The river's a pretty easy fold. You think he's bluffing his dead board into two players? I also wouldn't think the guy behind you is folding. I seriously doubt that a bluff raise would work often enough to be worth trying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the reasoning for 3rd was that if I'm going to play, might as well get it heads up...I thought there was a good chance of that given all the completely dead upcards left to act.

5th is certainly debatable and I was hovering over the fold button and then figured two pair is probably winning this pot if I can hit it, especially now that another K came out, so seat 3s chances of playing high bags and hitting a K on 4th is diminished.

The river is probably a fold but then I started thinking it was one of those spots where he only has to be bluffing 1 out of 10 times and then didn't know what to do.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:01 AM

I generally like a call on 3rd here but I dont hate the raise because of the dead 10s. Plus your pair is hidden and it is good to mix it up every now and then.

I usually fold this on 4th. Your 8 is now dead and a player has come alive.

I definitely fold this on 5th.

I would fold 7th as well. $1/$2 players will just not fold to a raise and I cant see you having the best hand here.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:29 PM

It isn't one out of ten times. The guy behind you will sometimes call, and he'll have Sixes beaten every time he does call.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It isn't one out of ten times. The guy behind you will sometimes call, and he'll have Sixes beaten every time he does call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well good thing I folded then [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Other guy folded too and he showed his rivered King....I probably should have stuck in a raise somewhere since both these guys were on air.