Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 09:24 PM

Default money is burning; who is the incinerator?

2nd move game commerce 1-2
villian is david pham. Never played with him before and we really haven't been in many pots together. He is however seemingly on mega tilt. He's blown the last 3-4 pots he entered, twice chopping on gross rivers. He looks visibly upset and has <1500 left in his stack and has not brought cash on to the table.

My image is pretty solid. Have shown down twice with strong hands. Have been playing very straight TAG ABC. nothing fancy or tricky.

I open in the cutoff with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] , villain calls from sb, bb folds

flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
villain c/r, hero calls

turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
villian bets, hero calls

river: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
villain bets, hero calls

very standard? anyone raise the turn?
Old 07-20-2007, 09:50 PM

Default Re: money is burning; who is the incinerator?

i don't play 1-2 but this is absolutely standard for me. i don't think raising the turn would be horrible though.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't play 1-2 but this is absolutely standard for me. i don't think raising the turn would be horrible though.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I think this is good. Change the 7 to a 2 and then you could and should raise the turn. As is, you're getting 3 bet on the turn too often by his whole range to want to raise the turn because when no heart or straight card comes you really want to show this hand down.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:44 PM

David can seriously spew and games are built around him, although he is capable of playing well, too often he doesnt. I dont mind raising turn or calling, but this hand MUST GET TO SHOWDOWN!!!! You can not fold if he 3 bets the turn because he WILL 3 bet turn with hearts or 89 almost 100% of the time. Your much better to just call and minimize the damage when he rolls over the 74o. However it turns out against this opponent this hand was played perfectly.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:36 AM

fine.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No I think this is good. Change the 7 to a 2 and then you could and should raise the turn. As is, you're getting 3 bet on the turn too often by his whole range to want to raise the turn because when no heart or straight card comes you really want to show this hand down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't a lot of value in the turn raise inducing a bluff 3-bet?
Old 07-21-2007, 12:58 PM

I think I was playing in this game when this hand happened. Anyway, there is no way I would consider folding at any point. On the river your hand is stronger than it was on the flop.

Scary Tiger: I think the fact that we must call down a turn 3bet even on horrid rivers due to pot size combined with the fact that his draws all have good equity and his hands that are ahead (which is certainly possible) have us in real bad shape makes a turn raise not the greatest play.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I was playing in this game when this hand happened. Anyway, there is no way I would consider folding at any point. On the river your hand is stronger than it was on the flop.

Scary Tiger: I think the fact that we must call down a turn 3bet even on horrid rivers due to pot size combined with the fact that his draws all have good equity and his hands that are ahead (which is certainly possible) have us in real bad shape makes a turn raise not the greatest play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding was never part of the plan.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:13 PM

Yeah, played well. If you wanna go for the 3 bet to induce more action a good percent of the time, then go for it...but calling is far and away the default play.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:56 PM

Alright thanks for all the responses, David ended up mucking almost as soon as I reached for chips to call. During the hand I was pretty sure I was ahead but was afraid of opening myself up to a turn 3bet by spazzy david. I was actually kinda curious to see if anyone, as scary and bk mentioned, didnt hate raising the turn to induce a 3 bet if we're solidly sure we have the best hand and want to induce spewage? or is that just unneccessary FPS?