Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 12:40 AM

Default NL2 - AJo flops OESD vs. short stack

Villain is unknown but she likes to see the flop more than half the time after about 2 orbits and is short stacked.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.02 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($2.02)
SB ($.92)
BB ($2.99)
UTG ($.46)
MP ($1.92)
Hero ($3.55)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.09</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $0.07, UTG calls $0.07.

Flop: ($0.28) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.28</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero shoves</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Final Pot: $1.02

I thought shoving here was the only reasonable thing to do because the short stack has already committed herself to the pot by betting more than half her chips.

I am greatful for your comments/criticism.

AC
Old 10-10-2007, 01:34 AM

Default Re: NL2 - AJo flops OESD vs. short stack

UTG's committed to the hand, and you're racing to get all your chips in for 2x pot with nothing but A high and an OESD?
Just fold flop. Straights, two pair, and Qs are all definitely part of UTG's range and even if she's bad enough to do this with a bare jack or pair of tens you're crushed by her range.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:51 AM

FOLD you are getting less 1.76 to 1 on your shove...Only 2 of your outs are to the nutz and the FD means all your oouts may not be clean..Even in a perfect world vs the perfect hand a shove is only a marginal +EV play..
Old 10-10-2007, 10:03 AM

True...the 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] make me a straight but if villain is drawing to a flush I'm screwed. So I really only have 6 clean outs with the 3 nondiamond eights and 3 nondiamond Kings still in the deck.

AC