Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $2.50
UTG+1: $16.37
CO: $4.30
Button: $8.35
Hero: $9.82
BB: $1.78

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, Hero ???

The UTG+1 player has only been at my table for 15 mins or so but has some sick stats. They are 71/33/1.67 over 21 hands. My read on him is that he will grossly overbet the pot by 2-10 times the size of the pot. For example if it is 3 handed on the flop and checked to him and there is only $0.30 in the pot he will bet $3. The same stands for PF betting as his opening bet is $1.

Now on a side note we haven't seen a single hand that he has raised with. So with that being said what is the best line to take here? I figure that with his current stats (going off stats cuse the only read I have of him is his gross overbets) that my hand is likely good.

In my mind the only real options we have to maximize our expectation with our hand is to 1)push or 2)call and hope he bets the flop.

If we push I figure we only get called with the very best of his hands. I don't know what he is likely to call with since I haven't seen a single hand he has raised with (albeit it looks to be a wider range).

If we just smooth call and get a good board for our hand we can check it to him and hope he fires again and then we can come over the top. At the same time the last thing I want to see is a J, Q, K, or A roll off on the flop.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Re: 10NL - Best PF line with TT OOP against a gross aggro overbetter

Bump for the morning crew.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:34 PM

That's pretty sick. I don't like pushing preflop because it's another 80% of our stack and that 80% is only getting called when we're flipping or crushed. Call and crai unless there are 2 or more overcards. If there are then c/f and wait for a better spot to bust this guy I think. TT is surely ahead of his pf raising range. And if he c-bets the flop he's going to be committed with a lot of hands TT beats. Plus if he's consistent in his bet sizing he might just shove the flop which would be better for you because it prevents him folding to your crai with worse. I'd like to hear further comments on this though as I'm not confident.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:02 PM

Thats kind of what I was thinking. I feel like shoving PF lets him get away from all the hands we have beat, but I'm not sure what other players with more experience do in this case against this player.

At the same time though I hate calling off 20BB to see a flop with what is potentially the best hand and then C/F when higher cards roll off. So with that being said would it really be so bad to shove PF if we knew we could race with him? We whould be shoving roughly $8 more to win an immediate $4 if we thought there was fold equity and also if we raced then that money would definately help pad the pot (that $4 would be considered dead money once we shoved right?).
Old 11-22-2007, 06:04 PM

I like a call pf and a CRAI on a non A,K,Q flop providing he does a large Cbet. I woudn't want to get AI preflop either as at best your going to be 50:50 against AK, AQ etc. I think Qrag rag would be find to CRAI on as well.