Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Liberty Dollar office raided

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would just like to say that all those who participated in this raid are evil [censored] doing their evil job, and they deserve . . . what evil [censored] that do evil jobs deserve.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-16-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would just like to say that all those who participated in this raid are doing their job, and they deserve . . . their paychecks in federal reserve notes.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat me to it.

The agents were doing their jobs. When you're in law enforcement, and a search warrant lands on your desk, you have two choices; serve it or lose your job because of insubordination.

I'm guessing if you went through everything these men and women went through to obtain positions as federal agents, you'd choose the former.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would just like to say that all those who participated in this raid are doing their job, and they deserve . . . their paychecks in federal reserve notes.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat me to it.

The agents were doing their jobs. When you're in law enforcement, and a search warrant lands on your desk, you have two choices; serve it or lose your job because of insubordination.

I'm guessing if you went through everything these men and women went through to obtain positions as federal agents, you'd choose the former.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, I am incredibly tired of this sort of apologetics.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat me to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, I am incredibly tired of this sort of apologetics.

[/ QUOTE ]

None taken, if you're the type of person who can work 10 years to get somewhere in your chosen career path, then walk away over a small disagreement with your boss, more power to you.

I'm not that type of person.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:46 PM

Just to make my position clear, this sort of "just doing their jobs" bull [censored] justifies anything evil. If "just doing your job" justifies breaking into private property with guns drawn and confiscating the private property of people for the incredible offense of stamping little bits of metal into circles, then it justifies breaking into private property with guns drawn and violating anyone's rights for any reason at all.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've read about Federal Reserve Notes before, and while I don't remember much detail about them, I do remember that they are clearly for suckers. You are much better off buying gold or silver bullion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh really? So you are saying that in stead of keeping huge amounts of cash you are better off placing your fortune in stocks, minerals that are believed to increase in value and property? Some shocking news right there.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to make my position clear, this sort of "just doing their jobs" bull [censored] justifies anything evil. If "just doing your job" justifies breaking into private property with guns drawn and confiscating the private property of people for the incredible offense of stamping little bits of metal into circles, then it justifies breaking into private property with guns drawn and violating anyone's rights for any reason at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you that the search warrant itself was wrong, but I believe you're incredibly ill informed if you believe every law enforcement officer is in total agreement over every search warrant they serve, and I also believe you're full of [censored] if you're going to tell me you would work for many years to make it to the top of your given career's ladder, then defiantly quit your job because you were told to perform a routine task that you didn't agree with.

You can't honestly expect anyone to buy that idealistic bull [censored]. I just don't see it happening.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:15 PM

Why are people jumping to conclusions about the reasons behind this raid when it does not seem to be clear? Federal agents have claimed that the money and properties seized in the raid was linked to money laundering, mail fraud and wire fraud. If thats correct then I certainly dont see a problem with it.

They also made 2 tons of coins with Ron Pauls image on them, while Ron Pauls campiagn says they have no connection with them and have never agreed to the production of these coins. Wouldnt this interfere with Ron Pauls right to keep the commercial rights to his likeness for himself and those he approve of?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you that the search warrant itself was wrong, but I believe you're incredibly ill informed if you believe every law enforcement officer is in total agreement over every search warrant they serve, and I also believe you're full of [censored] if you're going to tell me you would work for many years to make it to the top of your given career's ladder, then defiantly quit your job because you were told to perform a routine task that you didn't agree with.

You can't honestly expect anyone to buy that idealistic bull [censored]. I just don't see it happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've completely missed my point.

If "just doing your job" justifies violence against people for making little metal circles, then "just doing your job" justifies violence against anyone, for any reason.

Yes. I went there.

And before you tell me the two aren't comparable, what do you think those FBI and SS men would have done had the guys at Liberty Dollar tried to defend themselves and their property?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And before you tell me the two aren't comparable, what do you think those FBI and SS men would have done had the guys at Liberty Dollar tried to defend themselves and their property?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im curious about Borodogs involvement and knowledge about Liberty Dollar as he can be so certain that they are totally innocent and havent broken any law, and that this raid against them is comparable to actions carried out by members of the Nazi regime in Germany.