Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Bet sizing question

I have villain at 66/11/1.47 over a small sample of about 60 hands. No other reads.

Full Tilt Poker - Pot Limit Omaha Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $58.35
BB: $34.15
UTG: $24.70
Hero (MP): $26.35
CO: $71.15
BTN: $3.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, CO calls $0.85, 2 folds, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.65) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.65</font>, CO calls $2.65, BB folds

Turn: ($7.95) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero
Old 10-03-2007, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Bet sizing question

Bet $5-6.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:02 PM

bet pot if they are gonna call 5 or 6 they will certainly call a pot bet. always charge max in lower limits
Old 10-03-2007, 09:33 PM

Please keep making PSB's. Most players at this limit that are just calling your pfr and your flop bet put you on AAxx. He might have hit that K on the flop and he's floating on you to see if he catches a second pr. He'll, that 9c on the turn might have given him 2 pr. On the turn, make a psb and maybe you'll get rr here, by 2pr. Also, you have the flush redraw working too. If any kind of 3,4, or 6 of clubs falls on the river make another psb. It would be great if he had a low wrap here. Anyway, charge him on every street.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:09 PM

Honestly unless you are playing against a very good player, I don't think bet sizing really matters all that much at $0.10/$0.25 and $0.25/$0.50. At $0.50/$1 you can start experimenting with pot manipulation but it doesn't really become important until you start playing against people that actually understand the reasons you may be betting less than the pot (you cannot level a guy who never plays above level 1).
Old 10-04-2007, 01:07 AM

Whoah, man, bet-sizing is crucial at every level. Improving bet-sizing can easily turn a low-limit loser to a low-limit winner.

In this specific hand, you don't need to bet full pot at all. You've got the clubs and your own blockers. Ideally you would bet the amount that could get him to fold hands that are in decent shape against you (wrap + fd) while raising hands that are dominated/dead against yours. I'd bet about $6 here.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:51 AM

CRAI is my favorite play in these spots, although villan does seem kinda passive for this move - if i had any indication he was possibly floating c/bets then this is my play

you always have to look at things from villans perspective - you have raised UTG, c/bet then checked - it looks fairly weak like missed AAxx and some people just cant help themselves in these spots
Old 10-04-2007, 07:50 AM

I'd just bet big $6 or $7 or something and expect him to often call with worse.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:03 AM

Well your hand looks really strong on the turn, opponent potentially has 0 outs. A half pot bet to induce a raise if you think he will think you're weak. A full pot bet if you think he is a calling station who wont fold any draw.
Check the turn if you think he is the sort of guy to float you on the flop hoping for you to check the turn to him so he can bet you off the hand with any 4.