Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Talking poker outside 2p2

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
New GF FTW. Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. I emailed her a link to this thread hoping maybe she would read it and understand better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Frickin fabulous
Old 11-20-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who has friends that dont play poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who has friends?
Old 11-20-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
New GF FTW. Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. I emailed her a link to this thread hoping maybe she would read it and understand better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Frickin fabulous

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wait for her to get home. It's going to be spectacular.

I wouldn't be surprised if she registered to flame me. Stay tuned for possible real time, in-thread trainwreck.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ha. I usually just try to be vague. If they ask me about money I have no problem being vague, "I lost a little" or "I won a bit" or "I finished about even I think" usually appeases them.

The only thing I sometimes don't catch myself on is when someone asks something like "Wiggs, how do you play pocket pairs before the flop" and I come back with "I mean, are you first to open? How many big blinds is your stack? What position are you in. I mean it depends on all that, plus how loose or tight everyone is behind you. If someone raised how big was it? Just one opponent? Oh it also depends on how many people are at the table and how big everyone's stack is behind you." - And then they say "I just mean, when you get a pair, what do you usually do?" Puts me on life tilt and I wish I had just said "call" the first time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm out to dinner with my dad's wife's family. Her sister's husband is a finance guy (wealthy and retired ldo) and digs poker. He comes up to me during the dinner and goes, and I quote, "You have ace king and you read a guy for a pair, are you in or are you out?"

[/ QUOTE ]

So which is it? In or out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I really want to know, In or Out?
Old 11-20-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i feel like my poker evolution is held back due to the fact i dont have friends the are really into poker like me. most of the best players have a small group of friends they talk with about strategy. i need some new friends

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel the same way, will you be my friend?
Old 11-20-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ha. I usually just try to be vague. If they ask me about money I have no problem being vague, "I lost a little" or "I won a bit" or "I finished about even I think" usually appeases them.

The only thing I sometimes don't catch myself on is when someone asks something like "Wiggs, how do you play pocket pairs before the flop" and I come back with "I mean, are you first to open? How many big blinds is your stack? What position are you in. I mean it depends on all that, plus how loose or tight everyone is behind you. If someone raised how big was it? Just one opponent? Oh it also depends on how many people are at the table and how big everyone's stack is behind you." - And then they say "I just mean, when you get a pair, what do you usually do?" Puts me on life tilt and I wish I had just said "call" the first time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm out to dinner with my dad's wife's family. Her sister's husband is a finance guy (wealthy and retired ldo) and digs poker. He comes up to me during the dinner and goes, and I quote, "You have ace king and you read a guy for a pair, are you in or are you out?"

[/ QUOTE ]

So which is it? In or out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I really want to know, In or Out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard response should be:

"Which pair?"

If he names a pair, think for a moment then say: "Hmm, I gotta a feeling he's gonna flop a set, I'm out." Then finish your beer and if he says anything else about poker, deck him with the bottle and grab his wife's ass.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:04 PM

21 in 2 hours and you're posting on a [censored] message board? Get the [censored] out of here. Stop lyin'.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish I had kept my mouth shut. I finally told my roomates how I do in poker and now they all want lessons. They all want to put $50 online and have me help them turn it into a billion dollars overnight. Or they want to give me money and take a piece of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the opposite feeling, I have some friends that play home games once a month and play money online. I have offered lessons, becasue I think I would feel really good about contributing to them learing a skill that would make them money. I just cant help wanting to help them considering I see how poor they play and they are my friends. They show zero interst in improvement, they think they know all to know.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or they want to give me money and take a piece of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I HATE THAT!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wish I had kept my mouth shut. I finally told my roomates how I do in poker and now they all want lessons. They all want to put $50 online and have me help them turn it into a billion dollars overnight. Or they want to give me money and take a piece of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the opposite feeling, I have some friends that play home games once a month and play money online. I have offered lessons, becasue I think I would feel really good about contributing to them learing a skill that would make them money. I just cant help wanting to help them considering I see how poor they play and they are my friends. They show zero interst in improvement, they think they know all to know.

[/ QUOTE ]
True dat.

"I'm more of a gut player, you like all that math crap. It's just not my style"