Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 11:09 PM

Default Re: playing against ratholers

this might be the dumbest thread in the history of 2p2

you do understand that this thread will only encourage shortstacking?
Giving the counters to the default shortstacker gives away the default shortstacker strategy.

I know a thread just like this inspired IMSAKIDD. It wasn't a crying thread. It was a serious thread. IhateCats and Vanveen, inadvertantly, taught me how to shortstack last year in a Grimstarr thread in HSNL on hit and run. I now put in over 100k hands of shortstacking a month. I doubt I would've put it together without that. I've worked with IMSAKIDD and helped teach MrsGrimstarr. How many of us do you guys want in your games???

On top of all of this, do you guys realize that competent shortstackers are not droolers? We adjust to your adjustments. We don't play with any set charts or whatever. Any counters you are talking about are something we can adjust against.

ALL THIS THREAD DOES IS HELP CREATE SHORTSTACKERS WITHOUT COMING UP WITH EFFECTIVE COUNTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread should be lock/delete

oh.....CHOO CHOO
Old 07-26-2007, 11:20 PM

u SS bitches sound a lil scared
Old 07-26-2007, 11:24 PM

so what u are saying that even if people adjusted to ur stupid gameplan by opening smaller and not calling ur tight ass shoves light, u would still make huge bux?

its just retarded [censored]. its not true. its lies.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:26 PM

yeah, the rake is gunna eat u alive when ppl adjust ur going down hahaha
Old 07-26-2007, 11:28 PM

I am 99% convinced that you shortstackers can't win against a table of good players who make the right adjustments. The only problem for these players is that in making these adjustments they lose some of their edge vs. other big stacks.
You're making it sound like shortstacking is some complicated adjustment-counteradjustment-metagame thing when all it comes down to is just pure mathematics.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:52 PM

Your understanding of why short stacking works in higher stakes ring games is obviously poor if you do not realize how the strategy Luego mentions of slightly smaller raises when a SS is on the button or in the blinds combined witha more intelligent calling range will seriously degrade short stacking profitability, regardless of what you attempt to do to counter it. Even a LAG player who is raising a very high % of hands relative to the table average will have minimal loss if these 2 things are joined correctly. It used to be great fun watching SS stacks follow Samoleus around Party not realizing his very small opening raises and very mathmatically correct calling ranges made him a very poor target for the typical short stacker.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:54 PM

Alright, on a serious note...

I have a real problem with people posting [censored] in this thread like "OK i think IMSAKIDD shoves this range against a button open"...etc.

I think talking about general shortstack strategy is fine. Picking apart a specific short stack's game is very unethical IMO. I recall last year a few posts in HSNL where people started talking strategy against specific players and it caused an uproar.

THe purpose of this forum is to talk general strategy and not create blueprints for picking apart a specific player's game. I know the line is kind of blurry here but please keep that in mind.

Carry on
Old 07-27-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, on a serious note...

I have a real problem with people posting [censored] in this thread like "OK i think IMSAKIDD shoves this range against a button open"...etc.

I think talking about general shortstack strategy is fine. Picking apart a specific short stack's game is very unethical IMO. I recall last year a few posts in HSNL where people started talking strategy against specific players and it caused an uproar.

THe purpose of this forum is to talk general strategy and not create blueprints for picking apart a specific player's game. I know the line is kind of blurry here but please keep that in mind.

Carry on

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I'm drunk so I hope I don't embarrass myself:

I like Imsa.

My post was meant to mock this thread, i wasn't really trying to give supersecret info on how he plays.

I just checked and he's up $114 on me. [censored]!

I don't get why it would be unethical to explain how to beat a specific player? I can see that it might not be what the forum is for, but unethical? I discuss that stuff with people all the time????

Imsa I can see your avatar now. Choo Choo you owe me $114 and I'm coming for it.

Also I pwned the HELL out of an unnamed 2p2er tonight. hahahahaha.

Moonshine I know who you are.

Kthxbye

Mark
Old 07-27-2007, 12:12 AM

Hey guys, I offer shortstack coaching for 50k up front. Special offer!! This is a huge bargain.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Moonshine I know who you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you and 3/4 the forum. You want a cookie?