Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What are you really hoping for
Rooney gets fit ASAP 18 47.37%
Rooney remains crocked 20 52.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Re: LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring (GAME THREAD)

[ QUOTE ]
But lc can brag now, but after I died, all I heard from wolves was LOL WE LUCKBOXED INTO KILL YOU, WE JUST WANTED TO KILL YOU WHILE WE WERE WRONG.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is pretty much what really happened, LOL. We (and I mean Jeremy/Luckay) spent like 3 hours looking for the seer, and eliminated everyone. So, we're frustrated and basically like, whatever, let's just kill traz (because we have to kill sometime anyway, and at some point, he's going to list actual wolves).

Also, there's no way a seer should ever peek traz, ever.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:09 AM

OK, I left this window open and was working on it for like 45 minutes this afternoon when I realized it was dumb. I was going to use it to display who I decided to lynch. But now that it's over I'm going to post it anyway. It's obviously super incomplete, but Soah was going to tell Saruman how dumb the sexy one was and would throw in some "I can't act" jokes and try and be clever so here it is, incomplete.

How the elf came upon Saruman

A Nazgul and Saruman gathered late in the forest of Drúadan Forest. They have spotted two strange looking middle-earth villagers:

One extremely sexy one:

And a plump short fellow with an axe

The two congregate.

"I feel we must kill these 4, but one of them look quite likely to kill off the other," The Nazgul says.

"But my dark friend, why would we want to kill them if we are to have two more chapters? And beyond that, why am I even talking to you, I'm in an entirely different...."

"SIIIIIIIIILENCE," the dark one spits out. "We can obviously not kill them all by ourselves, they are two strong, we must convince one of the three to kill one of themselves, and we can only kill one of them tonight."

"Or I could just cast a spell and that could..."

"SIIIIIIIIIIILENCE FOOL," hisses the nazgul.

"Well obviously the two random middle-earthians aren't going to kill that damn sexy character over there, I think he's the safe bet."

The Nazgul stares blankly.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But lc can brag now, but after I died, all I heard from wolves was LOL WE LUCKBOXED INTO KILL YOU, WE JUST WANTED TO KILL YOU WHILE WE WERE WRONG.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is pretty much what really happened, LOL. We (and I mean Jeremy/Luckay) spent like 3 hours looking for the seer, and eliminated everyone. So, we're frustrated and basically like, whatever, let's just kill traz (because we have to kill sometime anyway, and at some point, he's going to list actual wolves).

[/ QUOTE ]

That isn't really true. Luckay and I decided he must be a seer; we just thought that he was Frodo. At least that is what I was thinking when I wanted to eat Traz, but I think Luckay felt the same way.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That isn't really true. Luckay and I decided he must be a seer; we just thought that he was Frodo.

[/ QUOTE ]

nich calling traz a vanillager specifically did attract my attention
Old 02-21-2007, 02:01 AM

LGOAIGHLASDSADKLDSAKSLKDFJ

THAT'S TWICE

dammitdammitdammitdammitdammit. I'm so freaking ticked off that villagers keep lynching me at mustlynch when i've figured out the game.

Nez, nothing personal. Good vote on Soah. You can't have a coming of age game without messing up a mustlynch...
Old 02-21-2007, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

a) The 2 main bandwagons were players I had already peeked as village. So clearly I did not want them to die. On top of them, nich you boneheaded fool, I made a post saying "neither of those players are good lynches...do you see why?". Now, you KNEW i was gandalf. HOW DO YOU NOT PICK UP ON THAT? Oh I was rattled when you kept attacking those players, even after that line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to cut you a little slack, now that I've seen that post. I really have no idea how Nich missed that. Congrats to the wolves for luckboxing the seer when he was wrong, I guess? Meh, it's frustrating when that [censored] happens.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:12 AM

PLUMP?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm stocky, damn it!

I hope you like the couch.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also - Sighing I followed this game even after I died and it was awesome. I loved the plot and I loved the game. I am definitely in for a sequel.

Also - congrats wolves but ZOMG don't complain about balance in a game you win

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop being results-oriented. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I will freely admit that the morning after the "no good power roles can die tonight" rule, I pmed sighing non-stop. My argument was that it was too late in the game for such a significant "event" to take place. At that point, even if the only people left were the 2 masons, if they aren't outed, it gives, imo, the nazguls an unreasonable chance of missing their kill.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also - Sighing I followed this game even after I died and it was awesome. I loved the plot and I loved the game. I am definitely in for a sequel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop being results-oriented. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I will freely admit that the morning after the "no good power roles can die tonight" rule, I pmed sighing non-stop. My argument was that it was too late in the game for such a significant "event" to take place. At that point, even if the only people left were the 2 masons, if they aren't outed, it gives, imo, the nazguls an unreasonable chance of missing their kill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the game strongly favoured the village. That one night was the one that pushed it over the edge. Theme games favour the village too much, IMO, and I'm as guilty of that as any other mod.

I'm going to start a campaign of games that go against that mold.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wolves who intentionally leave the angel alive for four days don't get to complain. Wolves who let the Boss Wolf die day 1 without a single person on the opposing bandwagon don't get to complain.

I don't believe it's true, but it's possible that this game was tilted toward the village. However, there's no way to tell, given the way it was played.

(Btw, before the "power roles are immune from nightkill" night, there was a "wolves get two kills" night. Haven't heard any villagers whining about that being unfair.. though I suppose if the wolves had used that night to kill both Aragorn and Sam, as they easily could have, the villagers would be the ones complaining)