Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 03:33 AM

Default NL50 TP w/ fd got it in early

Hi forum. I recently moved from limit to NL, hopefully will be a contributor here. Some of these may be standard.

Was I in too big a hurry to get my stack in here? I really didn't want a call on the flop.

Villian was 26/18/4.5 over 87 hands
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $14.65
CO: $67.05
Button: $60.65
Hero: $59.55
BB: $151.65

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $2</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($10, 5 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $7.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $25</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $58.65</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $32.55</font>.
Uncalled bets: $1.1 returned to Button.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($125.1, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $125.1)

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($125.1, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $125.1)

Results:
Final pot: $125.1
Old 10-19-2006, 03:49 AM

Default Re: NL50 TP w/ fd got it in early

I think relative position is the key in this hand. If you checkraise CO BB &amp; UTG will fold every straightdraw or hands like [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A J / A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J. When you bet the flop they might call. You get by far the most value IMHO when you bet the flop.

I believe the logic behind the checkraise is: when I don't catch the flush on the turn I will have to give up the hand therefore I will get my money in on the flop, perhaps Button (CO) will fold. But alas the turn and river come down as a blank. To answer the question: yes you shouldn't be in such a big hurry, especially if it is multiway and other players might come along.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:59 AM

Default Re: NL50 TP w/ fd got it in early

I agree. Bet/3bet with this type of hand when the stacks aren't small enough for a pot sized CR to be all in.