Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2006, 08:28 AM

Default (25NL 6max) TPTK pushed against on turn

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

SB ($32.05)
BB ($40.95)
UTG ($19.70)
Hero ($42.95)
CO ($25)
Button ($8.29)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A, K. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
1 fold</font>, Hero raises to $1</font>, CO calls $1, 1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $0.90, 1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($3.25) K, 8, Q (3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets $3</font>, CO calls $3, SB folds.

Turn: ($9.25) 5 (2 players)</font>
Hero bets $6</font>, CO calls $21 (All-In)

I felt weird about this hand. Wouldn't KQ, 88, or QQ slow down with the spade board (unless it's K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q) or play faster on the flop? If it's spades, it seems like he should raise less, although if it is a weak flush, maybe he's trying to price out A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K. Or it's a bluff.

Is this an easy fold?
Old 07-29-2006, 08:53 AM

Default Re: (25NL 6max) TPTK pushed against on turn

[ QUOTE ]

I felt weird about this hand. Wouldn't KQ, 88, or QQ slow down with the spade board (unless it's K Q) or play faster on the flop? If it's spades, it seems like he should raise less, although if it is a weak flush, maybe he's trying to price out A K. Or it's a bluff.

Is this an easy fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

imo yes it is. It sounds like you're trying to talk yourself into a call. I'd throw this away without a lot of thought, there's not a lot you beat here - KJ or AQ or something like that wouldn't be playing it this way. It could be a bluff but I think you're beat more often than you catch a bluff.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I felt weird about this hand. Wouldn't KQ, 88, or QQ slow down with the spade board (unless it's K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q) or play faster on the flop? If it's spades, it seems like he should raise less, although if it is a weak flush, maybe he's trying to price out A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K. Or it's a bluff.

Is this an easy fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

The raise size doesn't seem strange to me. He's got less than a PSR after your turn bet. Any raise pretty much leaves him committed, so he might as well push.

At any rate, you don't beat much that would do this, so it's an easy fold in my book.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this an easy fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes
Old 07-29-2006, 10:57 AM

I folded and he showed a complete bluff. I guess this was just a good play that he is going to be able to make in position. The spade is a great card for him- I don't seem to be on a draw after the flop pot bet and so he can represent the flush pretty easily.

Another consideration would be to check the turn- what do you think of that?
Old 07-29-2006, 11:10 AM

i think if you had checked the turn, you're inviting a bluff that you cant really call.. i think you played it fine, def fold to his raise.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:36 PM

assign a percentage of times that a villain will be bluffing in this spot and it will be incredibly low seeing as you've made strong bets every chance you've had thus far in the hand.

this just happens to be the ~5% of the time that villain is bluffing.......folding here every time will save your bankroll.

it is comforting to know, though, that leading with your nut flush in this spot will be paid off.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:44 PM

smells like a bluff. he is trying to represent that spade but no one represents it like that when they really have it. don't be suprised if next time in that situation he has the nut flush though!