Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2006, 02:42 AM

Default River action, what should I do?

I had: JsKs

Button Player
Me
OP

I raised preflop, 2 callers.

Flop: Qs Jh 4s

I bet, 2 callers.

Turn: Th

I bet 2 callers

River 9h.

I check, OP checks, Button bets, I call, OP raises, Button reraises.

What should I do?
Old 06-07-2006, 04:27 AM

Default Re: River action, what should I do?

Bet the river.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:37 AM

call cuz if you fold and you find that they both have kings and you folded yours you'll be annoyed. Since neither raised preflop they are unlikely to have AK unless they're poor players. Even then either may have just trips or the idiot end of the straight.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:19 AM

definitely bet your str8 on the river and let 2pair call u.
as played, fold. button has flush too often 2 call two here IMO.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:23 AM

why did you check the river?

as played I guess you can fold as the guy likely has a flush, but I hate not getting to see a SD here.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:01 PM

I checked the river because I had the strong feeling one of both had me beat. I would have bet if it was any other ten.

Ok, the end went like this:

I called the raise for 40 and OP reraised to 60, Button Capped to 80, also (..) called it and hoped that the button didn't have the flush.

I showed my hand to the player left to me and he said: "that's not enough, I am sure the button has the flush you could have saved yourself 80 here. This is a very good player and nice and is very good in reading other persons hands.

I also felt the button hit something great because he re-raised facing 40 but I didn't want to throw away my hand. I didn't know the percentage at the moment (25% bluff I guessed), but I knew I would probably not win especially when 40 became 60. I was not as sure the other player was so I called the 80.

The button raiser was a normal player but a bit a calling station. So when he raised, you could know he was close to the nuts. But occasionally he bluffed in such situations (till cap) and this made me pay him off. Knowing this, should I have folded?

I didn't want to fold because I didn't want him to run over me bluffing so that's why I called and I had a chance having the best hand. The other K90 made it extra expensive.

How did this other guy know the button has the flush (I will ask him next time I see him...)

Then the button showed Qh6h so the button had the flush. OP also had K9o and made this hand way too expensive for me and for himselves.

At this moment, I hated my play....
Old 06-07-2006, 12:06 PM

I know it is not what you are looking for. But to me the size of the pot combined with what I am infering as to the level of the other players... makes the expectation of a call or a fold pretty equal either way.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I checked the river because I had the strong feeling one of both had me beat. I would have bet if it was any other ten.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you think one or both of them had you beat????

You think either one has AK - I don't. There are about 100 single pair or two pair hands you beat and lots of lower straights you beat.

There is no way I'm thinking one of them has a flush when the river hits either.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:15 AM

I had that strong feeling because of a read on one of the players (he never keeps raising with 2 pair only with a straight or a flush) and because the button player usually folds such a turn, and because he stayed in I increased the chance he was on a runner-runner flush.

The player who raised does not raise a lot but understands that any K is a straight. The fact that he re-raised with the 9 on the board (so a player with a K has a straight) made me feel suspicious because I know he knows there is a big chance one of the players has a straight, and still he reraised, and even capped. That convinced me that I had a small chance (or non at all) to win this pot.

Because of the heavy raising on the river I could hardly believe I had the best hand... at most a split pot.

I am happy to hear others would also have called in this situation.