Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 06:35 AM

Default Re: ongame software tortures my harddrive

OngameClassic,

When we be able to suggest additional or improved functionality for the Ongame software? I'm sure myself and others have a huge list of items that would make the poker room much better:

eg:
- Hand histories for Sit N Gos and Tournaments stored on the local HD
- Rebuying into cash games without having to sit out to access the cashier
- to easy to accidentally click the 'Leave' button or 'X', which has no confirmation
- to resource intensive
- bets sometimes 'graphically' remain on the table after a hand is finished and into the next hand making it confusing to work out the action

Thank you
Old 04-24-2007, 10:41 AM

Hi PaulG,

Once the Ombudsman Service has a permanent home as previously described, discussing features, enhancements and even mods and scripts will become an important part of that service.

Then we will also be able to better present to the poker playing community lists of the things we think needs improving and allow anyone interested in such topics to have say through polls, competitions etc.

Believe me, we are not holed up here thinking we have developed the software of all poker software for our partners. Inventiveness, for good and bad, has always been a key feature in the things we are designing for the future, but for us it is also about looking back and pick up the bits that should have been implemented long ago.

More information about this service will surface as we come closer to estimating a proper launch date.

For now, you can always reach Ongame Network by e-mailing ombudsman@ongamenetwork. Just keep in mind that we do not deal directly with any player-related matters and only bring such matters that we find urgent through to our partners and make sure they abide by the customer service standards we require.

Cheers,

The Ombudsman
Ongame Network
ombudsman@ongamenetwork.com
Old 04-24-2007, 10:47 AM

sounds good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2007, 03:10 PM

I'm not convinced that disabling statistics has any positive effect on this problem. Today I swithced stats off before starting to play, and the client was even more sluggish than usually.

The more tables, the worse it gets. I can just barely play 4 tables now, as before playing even 6 was no problem at all. Nowadays adding a 5th table practically freezes the client.

I hope this gets fixed soon, as it makes playing long sessions quite uncomfortable.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:35 PM

My main problem with Ongame software is that it's such a huge resource hog. (And it's got nothing to do with the statistics function, I've tried turning it off but the software is still a resource hog.) On my old computer this would result in lags and other problems, my current computer can mostly handle it, but its still a major annoyance with the fan going full throttle.

I also really hate having to sit out to rebuy. There's loads of other smaller problems with the software, but if Ongame could fix the sit out to rebuy and the resource issue it would make a world of difference.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:12 PM

OngameClassic,

It is nice to see an Ongame rep make an appearance here on 2+2. For a while now I really thought they just don't care as issues with software issues have been discussed to death here. This is a big step and I'm looking forward to the changes for the future on Ongame.

If you haven't already please read this thread previous Ongame bugs thread please do as I believe some of the issues are very urgent. Like for example, tables disappearing out of thin air while playing, small blinds being missed, slow and unresponsive software. These things are crucial and do cause very serious players to not play there (myself included). Thank you.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:51 AM

Hi again,

"I also really hate having to sit out to rebuy."

A feature definitely within the "should have been implemented log ago category" mentioned above.

One of the reasons why certain bugs tend to appear is of course that some of you 2+2 players use our software in combination with certain 3rd party applications or mods that we may have problems testing the effect of.

So one thing that will be great by having a direct input channel for you guys to report any bugs you may encounter is that it will be easier to provide out devs with any additional information that they may require in order to efficiently recreate and correct such bugs.

In the case of the tortured hard drives, one of the lead developers have asked if it would be possible to attain a copy of a player database afflicted by this problem.

The exact instructions are as follows:

"Could you please send us your statistics database. It is located under *pokersitename*\Resources\Databases\. The database is called (your user name)Statistics.db."

If one of you is willing to provide us with such a file it can be sent to obudsman@ongamenetwork.com.

A potential solution was also provided to us and goes as follows:

"If you have problems disabling the statistics logging, this solution may help:

Please delete your settings file located here: *pokersitename*\Resources\Pigs\. The file is called (user name).pig. There may also be a file called '.pig', please delete that one too."

Most bug threads that appear on 2+2 are monitored by several parties and hopefully the new Ombudsman role will faciliate the process of us actually responding better to the software complaints we receive.

For now,

The Ombudsman
Ongame Network
Old 04-25-2007, 08:54 AM

ombudsman: i just sent you my statistics file.

the trick with deleting the settings file (username.pig) doesn't work. at first it seemed like i had successfully removed the tick in front of "Enable Statistics", but as soon as i scroll over it with the mouse (without clicking it) it reappears.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:53 PM

OngameClassic,

Is there any chance in the future that the software won't be written in Java (or whatever it is). I think this is the major issue that is causing a lot of these bugs. I would like Ongame to have resizable tables in the future but I can't see that happening with the current state of the software.

And yes, the "sit out to rebuy" sequence is quite possibly the most poorly thought out design setup in the history of poker sites.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:33 AM

--> Fingerswinger

The database file has been delivered. Hopefully a solution can come out of it. Thank you for taking the time to send it to us.

--> 4thstreetpete

Without going out on a limb bere I think it is fair (and well.. safe) to conclude the following:

Providing a non-download dependant option of play = Sacred.

Using Java for that purpose = Not necessarily Sacred.

Bear in mind that we provide our operators with two different sets of software. Java based for browser play and a C++ based (I believe) downloadable client.

How we choose / have chosen to go about it in the future is a dicussion that will have to wait for now.

Keep bringing these issues up people. Believe us when we say these threads are being read - and often hearing it directly from the end-user packs more punch than a hundred internal meetings about a certain topic ever will.

Cheers,

The Ombudsman
Ongame Network