Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 10:17 AM

Default 109 Sit n GO on Stars, wierd re-raise

Blinds 10/20 and I'm dealt AJo in MP. I open for 60 and the guy to my left immediately makes it 480? My default play would be to fold since it is early and I wouldn't want to risk my stack with AJ offsuit, but what kind of raise is that? I had trouble putting him on a hand.

Thoughts?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:20 AM

Default Re: 109 Sit n GO on Stars, wierd re-raise

fold, why would you even consider calling that much this early
Old 03-27-2006, 10:22 AM

I folded, but I wasn't considering calling, I was considering pushing. The massive overbet threw me for a loop.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:22 AM

Why would you even raise AJo in level 1 from MP? I usually would just fold.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:23 AM

I've only recently started playing Sit N Go's and my winrate has been solid. I thought I was playing tight, too, do other people think AJo is not worth raising this early from MP?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:39 AM

You only recently started playing them, yet you jump straight into the $109 level? Then wonder if you should be calling re-raises, let alone raises, with AJo?

I do wonder about this forum sometimes..
Old 03-27-2006, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You only recently started playing them, yet you jump straight into the $109 level? Then wonder if you should be calling re-raises, let alone raises, with AJo?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've also been very successful at them.

Maybe I should have phrased the question as, "what hand range do you put him on", since I couldn't for the life of me figure out what he would have that would cause him to put in such a bizarre raise.

But since you obviously know all, I'm sorry to have wasted your precious time.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've also been very successful at them.

Maybe I should have phrased the question as, "what hand range do you put him on", since I couldn't for the life of me figure out what he would have that would cause him to put in such a bizarre raise.

But since you obviously know all, I'm sorry to have wasted your precious time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This site is going to [censored].

Relax dude. Tigerite is replying to HELP you. He's trying to offer you advice on bankroll management and plug your existing and potential leaks. If you get so pissed off being told you're wrong don't ask for advice.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Blinds 10/20 and I'm dealt AJo in MP. I open for 60 and the guy to my left immediately makes it 480? My default play would be to fold since it is early and I wouldn't want to risk my stack with AJ offsuit, but what kind of raise is that? I had trouble putting him on a hand.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

If blinds are 10/20, then I imagine it'd be pretty tough to put a read on him since it's level 1.

Here's the thing, I'm not entering a pot with AJo in level one, except maybe maybe from CO or BTN if I know the blinds are incredibly rocky in level 1. Otherwise, I'm folding, especially from MP and uber-especially this early in the SNG.

And, which should go without saying, I am folding to that reraise faster than can be possibly imagined.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This site is going to [censored].

Relax dude. Tigerite is replying to HELP you. He's trying to offer you advice on bankroll management and plug your existing and potential leaks. If you get so pissed off being told you're wrong don't ask for advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

I have no problems being told I'm wrong. By the way did you even read any of my replies? I folded this hand. I was more curious as to what hand range to put someone on who would reraise to 480. I also had a follow up question about not playing AJo from MP.

I have no problems with my bankroll. I keep very tight track of my money and if I felt I couldn't handle these I would drop down. I've played 15, 25, and 55 as well and only moved up after I've beaten each level and I'm currently "beating" the 109 as well.

I just asked a simple question. No reason for people to tell me that the forum is going to hell because of it. I don't think I'm the one who needs to relax here.

Anyways, if these questions were obviously idiotic, I respectfully offer my humble apologies, fair enough?