Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Vick Pleads Guilty

What is the background on Qyntel Woods and his dog day blues?

I Googled it and didn't come up with too much.

I mean was there less evidence against him vs Vick or what?
Old 08-22-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SUB,

"what team would actually take a risk on him?"

Many teams that think he would help them win.

[/ QUOTE ]

El D,
You sure about that? Professional teams (sans the Raiders) are concerned with the publicity that their players generate. Imagine the kind of PETA-fueled backlash that a Micheal Vick signing would inspire.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:11 PM

It doesn't even have to be PETA-fueled.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SUB,

[/ QUOTE ]

El D,
You sure about that? Professional teams (sans the Raiders) are concerned with the publicity that their players generate. Imagine the kind of PETA-fueled backlash that a Micheal Vick signing would inspire.

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides the Raiders, I could see Jerry Jones taking a shot if he needed a QB.

Edit: Did you see the NAACP come out supporting Vick on the news today. He hasn't even done a day of time and they are already helping him. When he's done his time there will be big time pressure from Black groups to demand that Vick be allowed to go back to work in his profession.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SUB,

[/ QUOTE ]

El D,

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit: Did you see the NAACP come out supporting Vick on the news today. He hasn't even done a day of time and they are already helping him. When he's done his time there will be big time pressure from Black groups to demand that Vick be allowed to go back to work in his profession.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vick won't ever be a starting QB if he ever plays in the nfl again.
He'll be a WR or KR or maybe backup QB
Old 08-22-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SUB,

[/ QUOTE ]

El D,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vick won't ever be a starting QB if he ever plays in the nfl again.
He'll be a WR or KR or maybe backup QB

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say ever, but you could be right.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:52 PM

Location: Trapped in an alley in Abilene, with all but four shells spent

[ QUOTE ]
Did you see the NAACP come out supporting Vick on the news today. He hasn't even done a day of time and they are already helping him. When he's done his time there will be big time pressure from Black groups to demand that Vick be allowed to go back to work in his profession.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's such a good role model, can you blame them? And he's been so contrite in his apologies. Oh, wait a minute ...

You have to wonder if the judgment of the head of the Atlanta chapter of the NAACP is any better than that of Vick. There is something to be said for picking your battles--or at least waiting for a scintilla of evidence to support your position.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did you see the NAACP come out supporting Vick on the news today. He hasn't even done a day of time and they are already helping him. When he's done his time there will be big time pressure from Black groups to demand that Vick be allowed to go back to work in his profession.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's such a good role model, can you blame them? And he's been so contrite in his apologies. Oh, wait a minute ...

You have to wonder if the judgment of the head of the Atlanta chapter of the NAACP is any better than that of Vick. There is something to be said for picking your battles--or at least waiting for a scintilla of evidence to support your position.

[/ QUOTE ]

ESPN article on NAACP speaking on behalf of Vick

I also think the NAACP is misguided in this, as this is not a race issue, and I am sure there are many people who are victims of truley discriminitory actions without Vick's means that they could be helping instead of wasting time on this.

For the record, I personally think Vick should not be banned by the league after serving his time (a reasonable suspension would be fine). There have been many players who have been convicted of assault, domestic abuse, weapons charges, etc. that have been allowed to play again once serving their time. Whether he plays again should depend on if any team wants to put up with the PR problems they would have if they sign him.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:49 PM

Anyone else see the piece espn aired yesterday showing clips of Vick. In a very early interview the reporter said "Mike, tell us something we don't know about you".
Vick replies, with a wry smile "I love animals"

[censored] scum.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ESPN article on NAACP speaking on behalf of Vick

I also think the NAACP is misguided in this, as this is not a race issue, and I am sure there are many people who are victims of truley discriminitory actions without Vick's means that they could be helping instead of wasting time on this.

For the record, I personally think Vick should not be banned by the league after serving his time (a reasonable suspension would be fine). There have been many players who have been convicted of assault, domestic abuse, weapons charges, etc. that have been allowed to play again once serving their time. Whether he plays again should depend on if any team wants to put up with the PR problems they would have if they sign him.

[/ QUOTE ]

The NAACP needs to stop butting its [censored] head into every single issue involving a black person. Not everything is about race. What a [censored] joke.