Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: G/F : Brag or Beat?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
uh duh...buy her more presents with your poker money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if you're leveling or not, but this has actually worked very well in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

mos def, my gf stopped complaining when i took her on a cruise from poker

I also show her my balance at least once a week so she knows a) mo money comin in and b) the swings involved

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, showing my gf my balance every day seems like a horrible idea. Say I lose $1-2K in one day: I would likely have to listen to all the things I could've done with that much money for the rest of the week.

Most girls don't get poker and the swings that are involved.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:15 PM

I agree with this. Showing the balance seems like an awful idea. Whenever my girlfriend asks how I did I pull the "won a little" line regardless.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:41 PM

I like to see the balance. It might mean an extra BJ that night, you know, to raise his spirits.

Or coke and whores if it was a good week.

But, I digress. The real solution here is to get her a puppy.

Edit: afterthought...has she ever played poker?
Old 11-02-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if you're leveling or not, but this has actually worked very well in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also show her my balance at least once a week so she knows a) mo money comin in and b) the swings involved

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, showing my gf my balance every day seems like a horrible idea. Say I lose $1-2K in one day: I would likely have to listen to all the things I could've done with that much money for the rest of the week.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha it's about 8x worse when you're losing like 8k in a day..then we get really annoyed. also seriously the only solution is to buy her presents every day and then have the presents reflect how often you are playing poker. if she lets u play poker more, presents get better, if she lets u play poker less, she gets paperclips with bows.

i have been trying to get nlsoldier to do this forever i even buy him presents to try and get him to reciprocate but no dice [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2007, 03:00 PM

Gifts = too much rake
Old 11-02-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to see the balance. It might mean an extra BJ that night, you know, to raise his spirits.

Or coke and whores if it was a good week.

[/ QUOTE ]

So do you have a boyfriend?
Old 11-02-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

haha it's about 8x worse when you're losing like 8k in a day..then we get really annoyed. also seriously the only solution is to buy her presents every day and then have the presents reflect how often you are playing poker. if she lets u play poker more, presents get better, if she lets u play poker less, she gets paperclips with bows.

i have been trying to get nlsoldier to do this forever i even buy him presents to try and get him to reciprocate but no dice [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, damn, he's playing that high? Tell him to come back down to 200nl so I can continue to kick his ass like the good ole days. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, my gf didn't get it at first...she gets it now and is very understanding and consoles me when I have a bad run and congratulates me when I'm running well. It's also not every day....I'll show her my bankroll progressing so she can see how things work over time and help her understand bankroll management and why I keep so much cash online.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow you sound insanely high maintenance. I've lost 8k in a day and big swings are like the worst feeling ever. If my gf got pissy at me when I was bumming from a big loss I'd instadump her.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:01 PM

playing poker >8 hours a week is a beat imo