Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 08:09 AM

Default When gas hits $10 / gallon, we\'re totally [censored]

How long till gas hits $10 a gallon, and what happens afterwards? I predict within 5 years we'll be at that point, and I believe our civilization will be horrifically affected by this.

There are so many ways for this to happen. Our gasoline refineries are at maximum capacity, and we're not building any more of them. If I were a terrorist I'd be dirty bombing those facilities. Oil companies have greatly exaggerated the amount of reserves they have (makes their stock price go up).. but peak oil is rapidly approaching when the world will realize there isn't much oil left to drill for. Or smuggled nukes will go off either in the US or middle east (which will halt all shipping).. Or a major war will break out... or China, India and all the other developing nations will grow so much and their thirst for oil will become so great that prices will escalate quickly.

People won't be able to afford $200+ to fill up a tank of gas, then drive to work. Farmers won't be able to buy the fuel needed for their farm equipment, so the food supply will plummet. Products that depend on oil (which is damn near everything) will become horrifically scarce and expensive. Massive inflation will wipe out people's savings. Whats left of our economy will deteriorate into a depression that will make the 20's look like a cake walk.

Of course the Democrats don't give a crap about insuring adequate energy supplies for our country. They don't want us to drill for new oil anywhere, the "greens" are total [censored].. Dems win elections when people are miserable so its in their best interest to see that our country suffers as much as possible, lose wars, etc.. In other words, we're really gona be f'ked after Hillary gets elected.

Now lets talk about what happens when gas hits $20 a gallon.

L8r.. BB
Old 08-23-2007, 08:18 AM

Default Re: When gas hits $10 / gallon, we\'re totally [censored]

Do you have any ideas on how to deal with this problem?
Old 08-23-2007, 08:51 AM

Well look at the bright side. You won't have to worry about global warming anymore!
Old 08-23-2007, 09:37 AM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
How long till gas hits $10 a gallon, and what happens afterwards?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wait, maybe it would thin out the herd a little bit. Have you ever seen So Cal traffic where the 405 intersects with the 101? Jesus Christ!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no solutions... other than a massive initiative to drill as much oil from our own shores and lands and to build more refineries asap... not exactly high priorities for the Dems.

Our entire civilization and way of life are all predicated on cheap oil supplies. Take that away, and it all will come crashing down - with horrific consequences.

"No blood for oil" the libs like to shout.. but without oil, there will be lots of spilled blood... lots of blood indeed.

We're totally [censored]!!!

Have a nice day.. BB
Old 08-23-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no solutions... other than a massive initiative to drill as much oil from our own shores and lands and to build more refineries asap... not exactly high priorities for the Dems.

Our entire civilization and way of life are all predicated on cheap oil supplies. Take that away, and it all will come crashing down - with horrific consequences.

"No blood for oil" the libs like to shout.. but without oil, there will be lots of spilled blood... lots of blood indeed.

We're totally [censored]!!!

Have a nice day.. BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Your avatar fits you well.

And by the way, you just claimed that "Our entire civilization and way of life are all predicated on cheap oil supplies" -- maybe, just maybe, this is the problem, not the solution.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no solutions...

[/ QUOTE ]

?

If you're looking for some solutions I would recommend www.mises.org .
Old 08-23-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And by the way, you just claimed that "Our entire civilization and way of life are all predicated on cheap oil supplies" -- maybe, just maybe, this is the problem, not the solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

My avatar is a live cam from the Window in the Basin at Big Bend National Park... a most beautiful place to visit in Texas. Once gas hits $10 a gallon I won't be able to afford to drive there anymore.

Yes, having our entire way of life being dependent on cheap oil is a problem. There is no "solution" tho.. other than a return to very dark days when the oil runs out. The Dems/libs think magic solutions will result from all their "green" initiatives (wishful ignorant dreaming).. they are more concerned with the global warming BS than the real problems we're facing.

Horrific conditions just around the corner when the oil runs out.. there is no getting away from this problem.

L8r.. BB
Old 08-23-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no solutions...

[/ QUOTE ]

?

If you're looking for some solutions I would recommend www.mises.org .

[/ QUOTE ]

When your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My avatar is a live cam from the Window in the Basin at Big Bend National Park... a most beautiful place to visit in Texas. Once gas hits $10 a gallon I won't be able to afford to drive there anymore.

Yes, having our entire way of life being dependent on cheap oil is a problem. There is no "solution" tho.. other than a return to very dark days when the oil runs out. The Dems/libs think magic solutions will result from all their "green" initiatives (wishful ignorant dreaming).. they are more concerned with the global warming BS than the real problems we're facing.

Horrific conditions just around the corner when the oil runs out.. there is no getting away from this problem.

L8r.. BB

[/ QUOTE ]

So those who try to wean our civilization of our dependence on cheap oil are bad, but our dependence on cheap oil is also bad?

And why not strip the Big Bend national park of its trees for some more fuel, put up a few hundred oil wells to tap what we can, and strip mine it for coal if possible. I think cheap energy is the most important factor in life.

And by the way, did you know that there are major military installations which get 100% of their base energy needs from renewable sources, and include fleets of electric cars for base activities? What do you expect when the Dept of Defense is run by such leftist liberals, right? Of course I'm sure you know all about DoD's green energy initiatives, including the Air Force attempting to certify all of its aircraft for non-petroleum based, synthetic aviation fuels by 2010. So you must have decided already that such green initiatives are ignorant based on your vast expertise in this area, no?