Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 11:33 AM

Default Re: RakeReport.net Update-Gmail Account Compromised

^^want to show us the email where he just decided to keep the site??

rr, that email exchange is a little disturbing as u've outlined what degen should be getting %wise in that email...
though an email isn't a binding agreement, but still, is there a valid reason for changing the agreement you two had??
Old 03-28-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"grindblog@gmail.com" to Rake
show details Mar 17

plz forward an accounting of all money in and out for march and projected data for april

thx

Rake Report to me
show details Mar 17

Bill,

I know this email will upset you greatly, but please READ THE WHOLE EMAIL before deciding on any course of action.

Our past has been one of conflict and disagreements. Oftentimes you treated me like an inferior, as if you "owned" me because I was in your employ.

For a long time all I did was bemoan my "bad luck", thinking I deserved to have good things just happen to me. But you made me realize what I need to do, and that's to make things happen, seize opportunities and run with them, instead of expect good things to just fall into place.

It was painfully obvious after you were banned on 2+2 that Falang was you, the avatar you used even matched a picture in your MySpace profile. I didn't report this to anyone, although it appears they eventually caught on and took action. I also saw the post on pocketfives about you threatening Beanie with the IRS. And you continue to post lies about the state of RakeAid.com. You'll say how you have 1500 players, but in actuality less than 300 of the accounts were actively producing MGR.

I have no wish or intention to cause you any additional problems, despite my significant capability to do just that. But here's the thing:

I was supremely pissed when you promised me a bonus for past performance, told me you "couldn't have done it" without my assistance, and then promptly yanked that bonus the very next day for the Heidi issue.
I was further pissed by how you would only respond to certain things in emails, and ignore or pretend I never asked other things.
I was upset when I took over RakeReport.net and was told I would have control over it's direction, and you began butting your nose into it, trying to direct my activities.

In the past I honestly tried so hard to please you, I wanted you to succeed and I tried to give you the best advice I could and steer you in the right direction.

It was also very hard to work for you, not only because of your mood swings, but also because of how vague you were. You would want something accomplished, but didn't provide enough detail and would just say, "Do it". So I'd go and "do it" and then, of course, it wouldn't be how you wanted it done. So you'd treat me like an idiot for not doing things how you expected.

Given our past difficulties in agreeing on things, and your penchant for bad PR, I have decided that I will go it alone with RakeReport.net . This should help compensate for yanking my bonus and the abusive interactions, and also ensure that the site steers clear of any drama.

Again, this is all I'm doing. I am not doing a myriad of other things to hurt you further. I could have easily <a bunch of threats> I don't care about RakeAid and you being successful with it, I actually hope you are.

But RakeReport is my business now and I intend to grow it and watch it succeed, without resorting to inflated traffic figures or bid amounts. And I intend to use my own money to pay for advertisements (already put $1400 into March advertising)

Rest assured I am no fool. I have made sure to <more threats>

<yet more threats>

I'm not trying to antagonize you with what I'm saying above, but I know how hotheaded and impulsive you can be, and how likely you are to lash out. It was really the whole IRS thing with Beanie that prompted me to take precautions before I decided on this course of action.

I actually have no problem admitting that I was Heidi and I was aware of xxx , etc. The reason I haven't done this is because I don't want to hurt your reputation or your income any further.

You said the RakeReport site was barely worth your time, compared with your other business dealings. I'm hoping that we can just part ways and never interact again. You leave me alone, I leave you alone and we both do our own thing.

But, if anything weird starts happening, or anything in regards to my involvement with you in the past comes out, I will blame you for that happening and respond accordingly. You have plenty of contacts in the poker industry, but I have my own as well. It's unlikely that you can attempt to trash me without my becoming aware of it. Furthermore, the same could be said for me trying to trash you. Again, I have no intention or wish to proceed down that path.

I hope that you'll consider how negative your actions have been and can be, despite your continued success. I'd love to see you succeed without resorting to shadiness. In the end, remember that I'm a byproduct of the way you interacted with me, as I had no intent for us to end on this sour note.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 03-28-2007, 11:52 AM

eh, looks like bitterness was a factor here...i understand bad PR is a reason to ditch someone, but this all looks a little shady the way the deal was supposed to occur and the fact that degen was promised revenue...

i don't know much about the legality of this stuff, but shouldn't there be some kind of a conract to outline the details of the transfer, not just emails??
Old 03-28-2007, 11:53 AM

So basically you guys tried to screw over each other and are mad because the other guy had the same idea?
Old 03-28-2007, 11:57 AM

Wow.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:15 PM

1) it's pretty rofl-tastic to me that both these guys will most likely continue to have success with their businesses, since i would think that anyone who knew any of this would choose to not do any business with either of them.

2) i'm pretty sure when an employer promises a bonus, they can't just yank it.

3) it's pretty funny, and somewhat expected, to me that the "screwing up" that got the bonus yanked was not being consistent with a set of lies.

4) i'm still having trouble getting my mind around the idea that people continue to do business with rakeaid at all after things like the rigged ranking system came out.

5) all this fuss over a site with like 10 visitors a day, wow.

6) contracts are for winners.

7) lack of contracts is not for winners.

8) wow, i'm sure i've got more, but this list is pretty good.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) it's pretty rofl-tastic to me that both these guys will most likely continue to have success with their businesses, since i would think that anyone who knew any of this would choose to not do any business with either of them.

2) i'm pretty sure when an employer promises a bonus, they can't just yank it.

3) it's pretty funny, and somewhat expected, to me that the "screwing up" that got the bonus yanked was not being consistent with a set of lies.

4) i'm still having trouble getting my mind around the idea that people continue to do business with rakeaid at all after things like the rigged ranking system came out.

5) all this fuss over a site with like 10 visitors a day, wow.

6) contracts are for winners.

7) lack of contracts is not for winners.

8) wow, i'm sure i've got more, but this list is pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't even look at #3 that way, good one...

how can people transfer a business/entity without using an actual contract?? to me, this looks like both had shady plans, either together or against each other, but still...

like stated, people, especially 2p2ers, have to be nuts going anywhere near rakeaid...
Old 03-28-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<yet more threats>

[/ QUOTE ]
yah like you're one to talk! You are the ring leader of threats mr bill, oh no sorry I meant degen oh no I mean blackmagix.

Not saying that RR is right and I'm sure not saying that bill is right either but clearly this was not thought up right in the first place. There's no clear proof but emails? Anyone can forge those emails, it's not hard.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:10 PM

I thought Degen was banned. How come he's allowed to post under a new account?
Old 03-28-2007, 02:22 PM

yah so did I but I guess the mods aren't paying attention or something *shrugs*