Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 08:19 AM

Default Re: RakeReport.net Update-Gmail Account Compromised

so. You did not pay him?

If what you said is true then file a police report. Dont just steal his site.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:33 AM

hey blackmagix/degen, u have anything to say about the serious threats you made against RR's family?? doesn't seem like the kind of affilate i would like to relying on, that's for sure...

while i don't totally understand how the current owner recieved full control over RR.net, is degen now demanding compensation after he promised a bonus earlier and then withdrawing it himself?? smooth...
Old 03-28-2007, 09:50 AM

what i don't get about your story is how it is ok to back out of an agreement with somebody and steal their website because you don't like them.

you had an agreement to receive half of the profits of RakeReport.net in exchange for running it. you didn't like degen so you backed out of that agreement the second the domain was transferred to you.

even if degen rapes little kids in thailand and [censored] on your grandmothers face, that still doesn't mean you get to steal his website.

give the site back, pay him his share of the profits or buy the site. its pretty simple
Old 03-28-2007, 10:26 AM

^^degen, y don't u address other points of his story?? like how you promised him a bonus only to withdraw it later?? so ur going off on RR for holding back on money due, lol, very nice play...

also nice how u only selectively choose to respond to certain parts of his message and ignore the rest...
Old 03-28-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
^^degen, y don't u address other points of his story?? like how you promised him a bonus only to withdraw it later?? so ur going off on RR for holding back on money due, lol, very nice play...

also nice how u only selectively choose to respond to certain parts of his message and ignore the rest...

[/ QUOTE ]

who cares. say it was all true. does that make it ok to steal a website?

he was offered a bonus for doing great work. he immediately [censored] up. the bonus was taken away.

the value of the bonus relative to the value of the website he has stolen is totally out of whack.

its like stealing somebody's ferrari because they stole a JC Penney neck tie from you.

he didn't like how he was treated, so he quit. thats his right. i probably would have quit if i were him as well. i wouldn't have turned around and stolen my former bosses website to compensate for the fact that i thought they were a bad boss.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:46 AM

so the fact that he stole something worth much more made it OK for you to make death threats against his family??
Old 03-28-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so the fact that he stole something worth much more made it OK for you to make death threats against his family??

[/ QUOTE ]

does the fact that george bush did cocaine in college make it ok for hillary clinton to run for president????

does the fact that david sklansky likes black hookers make it ok for a black man ot run for president???

who cares dude. your points make no sense and aren't related to anything at all other than the fact that he has a right to be pissed off. thats exactly why he quit. i agree he has a right to be pissed off. thats why he should have just walked away, not provoked somebody who he himself calls unstable.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:00 AM

ur analogies are a joke and do not mirror to this situation...death threats are no joke...

u don't think the behavior and ethics of an affilate(s) should be brought into question in a situation like this??
credibility goes a long way...

RR, u have a gap in ur post between ur bonus offer being yanked and u blacklisting Rakeaid...where is a contract transferring ownership and the revenue sharing?? or some kind of written agreement stating how everything was to be arranged??
Old 03-28-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
RR, u have a gap in ur post between ur bonus offer being yanked and u blacklisting Rakeaid...where is a contract transferring ownership and the revenue sharing?? or some kind of written agreement stating how everything was to be arranged??

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll save him the trouble of lying:

[ QUOTE ]

from Anthony J Martino <triplethreatpoker@comcast.net> hide details Feb 23
to Degen <grindblog@gmail.com>
date Feb 23, 2007 9:01 PM
subject Hey, don't sell RakeReport.net, got an idea
mailed-by comcast.net

Hey Bill,

I saw that you posted something about valuing a website for sale on 2+2 and figured you meant RakeReport.net

My regular work schedule should be somewhere around 40-50 hr/week. With RakeReport.net I wouldn’t need to be dealing with tons of customers on a constant basis, so here’s what I was thinking:

I stay on as Manager for RakeReport.net and take charge of attempting to grow the business, since you don’t have the time with the success of your other sites. It would be an opportunity for me to develop myself in marketing, SEO, etc. and earn some extra scratch on the side.

Considering the viewpoint that a number of the affiliates have of RakeReport.net (because of the RakeAid.com connection), perhaps we could spin it and make it appear like I’ve purchased the site from you (i.e. customers don’t realize you’re connected with the site still)

We still make sure that RakeAid.com gets good placement, but not the top spot constantly because that would be too suspicious. I believe you said you were getting some decent signups from the site, but if you sell it off you’ll lose out on those new players and potential profits from listings at the site.

I would want the ability to create my own plans for how to advertise, develop the listing fee’s, etc. This way I wouldn’t need to constantly bother you with questions about it and you could just sit back and have money coming in.

Obviously it would make sense to set things up so that I have incentive to grow the revenue for the site. Here’s what I was thinking:

Under 5K Monthly Revenue: I earn 20% of site profits

5-10K Monthly Revenue: 20% on first 5K profit, 30% on anything after that up to 10K

10K-15K Monthly Revenue: 20% first 5K, 30% next 5K, 40% next 5K

15-20K Monthly Revenue: 20% first 5K, 30% next 5K, 40% next 5K, 50% last 5K

Examples:

2K monthly revenue: $400 to me/$1,600 to you

7K Monthly Revenue: $1,600 to me/$5,400 to you

13K Monthly Revenue: $3,700 to me/$9,300 to you

19K Monthly Revenue: $6,500 to me/$12,500 to you

Now, when I mention the revenue, I mean after ALL expenses. So I would expect you to deduct any costs associated with the site, such as (but not limited too):

Site Hosting Fee’s
Site Registration of www.rakereport.net yearly
Contract Work (Craig performing site updates/maintenance, etc)

I would likely tell affiliates that I (Anthony Martino, wouldn’t use AJ) am the new owner, and I’m a long-time poster on 2+2 under the name grandgnu, etc. Try to build a trusting relationship and get more traffic and revenue going.

Pretty much, I only get paid if you’re getting paid. You would still own the site (although you may want to change the registration info for it, so that people like Beanie don’t investigate and start bad mouthing the operation)

Lemme know what you think.

AJ

"grindblog@gmail.com" to Anthony
show details Feb 23

done

you call the shots now, tell me what to do

also RakeAid's spot has to be free and it can't be lower than 3rd

Anthony J Martino to me
show details Feb 24

Excellent,

MARCH LISTINGS

Has anything been done yet for March listings or do I need to send out emails?

EMAIL FORWARDING

I see you have POP enabled on the rakereport@gmail.com account, want to make sure it's ok to disable this?

SITE UPDATES

As far as I'm aware, xxxx is the only guy I contact in regards to programming/updates for the site. If there is anyone else I should be in contact with for other services, please let me know.

EXPENSES

Please be sure to keep tabs on any expenses you incur (such as paying xxxx for his time or whatever) so I can make sure to include that in month-end revenue reports. I was figuring I would just have them bill you for their time (and copy me on any bills they send to you to ensure you aren't being overcharged). Unless you aren't comfortable with those type of support personnel being aware that you're still involved, then we need to figure something else out.

RECEIVING PAYMENTS FROM AFFILIATES

Also, since we would be presenting the image that I am the new owner of the site, I was thinking of having payments sent to either my own paypal account, my FTP or my Stars account from affiliates. I would then take care of sending you your share of the profits each month. If you are not comfortable with this arrangement, please let me know alternative payout options. It would obviously need to not be easily linked to you, otherwise any trust I'm able to build would go down the shitter and we might lose potential new clients.

AJ

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-28-2007, 11:20 AM

The domain transfer was successful sometime in early march and he then sent an email basically saying:

'i was treated poorly, i had a bonus yanked from me. To even the score, i am keeping the website'

I'd like to see him produce some proof that any of this is wrong. Sure he can show lots of proof about how poorly he was treated. Go tell that to Amnesty International or somebody who cares. Employee's are treated poorly everyday. Thats the nature of business.

Show us some proof that you did not steal the website and lie to all of the affiliates listed on the directory, and this forum.