Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 02:27 AM

Default QQ facing push from idiot

3/6 nine-handed

I have history vs this guy. he is retarded

On one hand he is the BB. UTG minraises, someone calls, I pop it to $48 with KK. Folded to him and he makes it like $102 or something. Folded back to me and I call. Flop QTx, check check. Turn T, he bets half pot and I call. River J and he checks. This board is [censored] for me and I check. He shows 33.

Another hand, he minraises and I'm the only caller in the BB with T8s. Flop is J55 with two of my suit. I check-call $24 planning to lead almost any turn card. I make my flush on a low card and lead for $62. He calls. River is a blank, I bet $125 and he calls pretty quickly. He has 88. In other words, he can beat basically no one that I called the flop with. And he ofc had no flush draw either since I had that 8.

A hand that I was not involved with, someone opened in LP and he minreraised from the blinds with 22, checked his flopped set and walked into a backdoored flush (he bet-called the river).

So that brings us to this hand where I open for $21 in MP with QQ, someone with $600 calls on the button, he reraises to $35 from the BB. Given what I've seen from him on these previous hands, I think I have the best hand here most of the time and really don't want to get stuck in the middle postflop against two unknown hands. And I think he will call me down too light. So I reraise to $110. The button folds and this moran instantly goes all-in for about $580 total.

This is the first time I can think of that he has put all his money at risk.

Call this fool?
Old 04-17-2007, 02:31 AM

Default Re: QQ facing push from idiot

I think this is a relatively easy call vs. this opponent. Sounds like he gets overly aggro with poor hands (ie. 33 hand) and has no problem getting it in bad.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:11 AM

he earned the call here
Old 04-17-2007, 07:35 AM

The thing that concerns me though is despite how stupid he is playing, this is the first time he has gone all-in and he has sorta slowed down as pots got bigger - for instance, not shoving the river with his set vs the flush, and halfway giving up with his 33 against me.

Although on the opposite end of the spectrum, we see him slowplaying his flopped set rather than jamming it, so if he really wanted my action here he wouldn't just overbet shove, I suppose.

At the time, I mostly was considering the first point and ended up folding after tanking a while, and then I regretted it a bit after considering the second point more.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:39 AM

Also, if I'm going to fold to a fivebet from him, then is there merit to just calling his dinky reraise and then extracting value postflop? It does allow the third player to stay in with position on me which sucks, but maybe it's still worth it if it means I can get this idiot to call me down with a bluff-catcher again.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:40 AM

How fast can you click the call button?
Old 04-17-2007, 07:42 AM

Just a cooler if you lost.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he earned the call here

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-17-2007, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he earned the call here

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you didn't even need to post anything, just seeing that you made the last reply was enough for me to know your opinion =p

but it seems I cost myself a lot of G-bux here =(
Old 04-17-2007, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, if I'm going to fold to a fivebet from him, then is there merit to just calling his dinky reraise and then extracting value postflop? It does allow the third player to stay in with position on me which sucks, but maybe it's still worth it if it means I can get this idiot to call me down with a bluff-catcher again.

[/ QUOTE ]

id rather get it in now preflop with a [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] on my face all day than just call and let button tag along with good implied odds on anything (bad) or have ace and/or king flop and make tough decision postflop and possibly get my money in dead to 2 outs