FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would You Participate in a weekly Prison Break discussion
Yes 21 77.78%
No, I watch the show but wouldnt participate 4 14.81%
No, Don't care! 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2007, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

how bout if you are a nova you get a cookie basket sent to you automatically every month. that would be sweet.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how bout if you are a nova you get a cookie basket sent to you automatically every month. that would be sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not available to all of us. All that effort to get SNE and no cookies [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2007, 06:56 PM

what the hell would do you with all those baskets after you were done eating the cookies?
Old 11-10-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stars' site says San Remo is 8,000 Euros, so I'm not sure where you're getting that figure ($7400) from.

I think travel/hotel accommodations should only be included for events that are $8,000 and up. This won't include the WSOP preliminary events OR the smaller APPT events(unless Stars wants to throw a bone).

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do YOU think that travel shouldn't be included??? This thread and all threads like it should be treated as a sort of a "players union" if poker stars is willing to come here and ask our opinions and what we want and how we would like to have it we need to address it as such.If poker stars is willing to give a player travel expenses to go play a 1500$ tourney please don't put the idea in their head not to. If you make elite next year which you have said you are thinking about wouldn't you like to go to a few of the smaller WSOP tourney's and spread your chances of winning out instead of playing 3 big tourneys you could play 8 smaller ones and increase your chances of making a big score. Wouldn't it be nice to have travel expenses paid? You should never be suggesting us giving some thing up or trading always ask for it then if they don't wanna give it offer some thing you really don't want or would like to trade off for it but please don't offer to give things up. When I read in this thread earlier people were suggesting to do away with the vip tourneys or give them up I cringed, a better way is to suggest they give us some thing because our needs aren't being satisfied DUCY this is better you are asking for something else but could possibly retain the other thing too and definitely NEVER suggest some thing not be given. If I was in charge of this @ poker stars I would be like hell they want the 50k gone DONE no travel expenses on tourneys under 10k DONE man these guys are easy to screw they tell us not to give it to them. Just reading this thread it has sounded on more than one occasion to me that we were more than ready to give up things that would have been nicer to have in ADDITION to what we want. I hate having to play the vip tourney on Saturdays but I tell you what if they gave us a bonus and kept the tourney I bet you the player attendance wouldn't drop any. I hope I am not offending you pokerboy I am just suggesting we word things a little better and not be so hasty to give up so much so quick. This was the first year they did this and there were basically promising us to make things even better in the coming year lets see if they will add stuff to what we already have before we go offering to trade things or suggest some thing isn't needed.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:35 PM

Jack,

I suggested travel and hotel accommodations be provided for the larger events because it gives players more incentive to play them. Stars figures to do better when their players do well in main events than preliminary events publicity-wise.

All of my ideas and proposals don't necessarily come from the point-of-view of 'extracting all the value from Stars that we can'. In my opinion, it's not us against them. We're working together. We make money, they make money. And I definitely want them to make money; because they spend a pretty significant amount of it on advertising (all of those ESPN commercials aren't exactly cheap you know!), and that advertising brings more players into the game, then we both profit some more, etc.

That is why, with my E$ proposal, Stars isn't losing anything or giving VIPs any more than they otherwise would be doing. They are just giving us more options.

If you want to begin a march for more value from PokerStars then go for it. Although I would like a little bit more (you can read a lot of my previous posts on this subject), I at least recognize that Stars is currently offering the best deal on the market to high-volume players. If anything players should be pushing the market runner-ups to offer more so that the market would be more competetive.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:15 PM

I didn't say it was us against them but what sense does it make that if I am an elite that if I wanna play a bunch of smaller buy in wsop tourney's I can't get travel fee's most of the smaller events are televised any way and stars could still have their little ad about harry Jones got to win 600k in the 2500$ wsop preliminary tourney for free just for playing at stars and earning a million fpp's. I think you also should reasonably conclude that most donkey type recreational players know about the fpp program and really could care less they don't have 10 hours a day to play poker and try to rack of fpp's and they know they would never get there. I have even seen donks talk about fpp's in chat it just doesn't affect them 95% of player's or maybe even higher aren't there to make a profit they are there to have fun gamble they also know they aren't earning 1 million fpp's in a year. Do you really think donkey Joe is gonna deposit a 10k roll and try to 24 table 100nl? Hell no he has no idea you can even play 3 tables. Be a little more realistic.
Yes we as players are here to get the max for our play. It is great for us to work with poker stars and help keep the idiots flowing but lets face it all these sites dropped the ball big time with the unlawful gaming act. If they would have dumped money into stopping that crap and would be dumping money into that now we would be better off. They do nothing to get it legalized in the U.S. which I can tell you will do Way more for your win rate than than harry Jones winning the 1500$ 6 max event with an entry he paid for with E$.
I am sorry but I do not and will never feel bad for taking any thing a company like poker stars offers to give me nor do I or would I feel bad about getting some thing out of them. They make tons of money and if the bottom falls out of online poker tomorrow you are the one that will be hard up not them. They are great for customer service and I love to play there but please don't feel sorry for them. I also don't disagree that they offer the best deal although I do think that Fulltilt is very close (I don't play there).
So in conclusion I say we all give up our fpp's and let stars use that money to get online poker legalized in the U.S.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:07 AM

So any Wild speculation on what the Aston Martin will be replaced with?

Will the Porsche be replaced?

Will they be adding a car for 2 million FPPs possibly?

Any cool gadgets?

When will we know the new line of FPP items?
Old 11-14-2007, 11:52 AM

The Porsche has no date so I assume it will stay.

The car situation is something I'm mildly interested in. I want a new car but I'm not sure if it makes sense for Stars to offer anything above the Porsche. Once you get to that price range people are very particular about the model they want. I think it is better to just allow people to concierge a car.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:25 PM

yeah it will be interesting to see what they do with the Aston. i'm not sure how worth it it would be to dump like a $25k or $35k car in the FPP store.