Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Wheeling Island Poker Room *update*

The play seems to be about the same to me. Limits are still the same 2/4 limit 3/6 limit 1/2 nl 2/5 nl and 5/10 nl. Progress, well ive been off the last 3 days ill let you know lol.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Wheeling - Friday Nov. 9

[ QUOTE ]
Since you mentioned it, any hard dates on this? My wife likes the craps table and it will become much easier to have trips for me to play poker if she gets to play craps.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was in the paper yesterday that they are having two charity nights to get their ducks in order and then they should be on for real. Charity nights are around Dec. 18&19 or something like that. Other table games should be open by Dec. 20th.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:56 PM

Another session at Wheeling yesterday, 8 hours. Only two pots awarded to the wrong persons, both saved by the players. Only one dealer who screwed up a rule (didn't understand the rules for raise-sizing in a NL game). Very few misdeals this trip, maybe two or three. We're seeing about 28 hands/hr; earlier it couldn't have been more than 14. This is all major progress.

The cashiers are faster, and now they're measuring by stacks (no more $10 at a time). This time, they didn't whip out calculators!

They're still having issues getting the wait-listed folks onto the empty seats. However, it wasn't nearly as profoundly dysfunctional as in prior visits - where vast numbers of open seats lingered for many, many hours, and throngs of players huddled like vultures around a thirsty, dieing animal, waited for their names to be called.

Things are certainly getting better, and the smoke-free environment is wonderful!
Old 11-25-2007, 08:43 PM

played for the first time saturday, from early afternoon to early evening, very few mistakes, got seated relatively quickly, table and dealers were friendly.

Only complaint is the battle of the TV, wanted to watch the Penguins game, and there were lots of people in the room wearing penguins gear, and they put on about half the game and then turned on a totally non local interest football game and would not budge, that, and the damn dog races (these need to be televised in the poker room?)

Immediately left when the turned the game off as I told them I would.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:29 PM

Anybody know how the bad beat jackpot will be funded and for how much, I'm only playing 2/4 limit and I don't think it can withstand taking any more out of the pot besides the rake and tipping the dealer? I like playing at Wheeling but this might be the straw that broke the camels back!
Old 11-28-2007, 11:52 PM

One additional dollar. Im not sure what tables it will be on. Usually the higher limits dont want it included but im not sure whats going on at our place.