Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 12:03 PM

Default Re: $100 NL, They call me Mr. Exploitable

[ QUOTE ]
A better approach I think would be to become the guy that does the exploiting. I've seen vanbroken do it in his videos, I just seem to freeze up everytime I think about doing it. The few times I have 3bet light, I've had nice results. Everyone folded... Some guidelines, if there are any for when to do it would be nice. It's something I would like to add to my arsenal.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the 50-100NL level 3betting a little light is a goldmine...most players are folding anything but nonpremium hands prefloop, some will incorrectly call hoping to hit a set. The ones that stick around will usually fold to a cbet on the flop.

Just look for players that aren't supertight with their raises...if they're raising 9+% preflop then they're a great candidate to 3bet, and anything over 7% is probably okay. Also, don't do it to the 65/35 maniacs that are happy to call your 3bet and then their stack in with T7 on a KJ8 flop. Lastly, make sure you'll have position postflop.

It doesn't really matter what you're holding...just play them like they're AA. Sounds stupid but at these stakes it works. Obviously if you've got air you should probably give up if they call you on the flop unless you're a superballa and can convince them to fold (good luck with that at these stakes).
Old 08-15-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: $100 NL, They call me Mr. Exploitable

I think you should get more reads on the player before determining if you should play back or not. Raise a few more COs and see what he does. If he keeps reraising you, you can wait for a semi-good hand and push back at him (AJ+, 88+). If he just smooth calls your raises, I'd be more wary and open with a tighter range.