Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Multitabling Limit vs. Multitabling No-Limit...thoughts?

chopchoi,

[ QUOTE ]
a betpot script (allowing you to make all bets with your mouse) helps a lot though

[/ QUOTE ]

there is one for almost every major poker site, you might want to check the software forum
Old 08-15-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, the main reason I was wondering is for reads. It seems harder to get reads for those big decisions in NL.

[/ QUOTE ]
This kinda gets into a whole other area that I have been thinking about, maybe it deserves it's own thread, but...

It seems to me that in Limit a read is an invaluable tool, but in NL it is absolutely crucial. Am I kinda on the right track?

So on that note when it comes to multitabling how do you keep up on reads on every table (this really applies to NLers and Limiters)? Or what do you do if you're up against an odd line or push in NL and you have little or no read on your opponent. In limit it's always just one or two bets to call, but it's never like this in NL. This almost always puts me in the tank so I could really use some help here. (My question might be too vague, but hopefully someone gets where I'm going)
Old 08-15-2007, 12:11 AM

I was a limit convert too, back in the day. What I found was that a limit player who can't read hands very well can get by just fine and make a profit. A no-limit player who can't read hands very well will surely go broke.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:20 AM

NL multitablers (wher in gets to above, say, 4 tables) get my on using a HUD, stats and maybe the odd not about exceptional play. Doing this still is profitable, but nbowhere near as profitable as playing a table and using reads properly.

The thing is, would you rather 1-table and maybe hit 10bb/100 if you're really good, or play 10 and get a steady 2bb+/100

(this is a oversimplified example, but frankly, I think you take the former if you really want to keep getting better at 1-table poker, and the latter to make money, and also to really grind into your head the default decisions that your style demands).
Old 08-15-2007, 04:11 AM

I could barely play 3 tables of SSSHLHE but have no problems playing 4 tables of SHNL at 31/21. I tried to introduce some more tables, but I've realized that I'm going to really tighten up if I want to play more than 4 tables of NL, just because playing 31/21 at 6+ tables is just too many hands. But on the other hand, playing my natural aggressive style on fewer tables is going to pay off huge when I am able to move up, because 4 tabling isn't going to turn me into a robotic, predictable, exploitable player.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the tighter you are, the more tables you're going to be able to play because you're going to have to make fewer close decisions with marginal holdings.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:50 AM

Nl is easier.... prelegislation i could do 10-12 easily on limit after leg i had to cut down to 6-8 and i still sucked and got lost. Nl I can do 10 again with no problem, even while i was learning.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:14 PM

In my case, I won't be playing more than two shorthanded tables at the same time (with lesser money I used to play four and eight tables, especially liked doing that at Stars when it was still loose) and I think I in this case do better at NL than at limit as I can get relatively more profitable information by just two tabling. There are also more tables to choose from when playing NL (if one plays shorthanded. Just some 1/4 of the tables are limit tables and so - if one wants the better games - one needs to play two or more sites at the same time and mix that with all the trackers and drop some juicy games of NL at some random sites where the tracker doesn't generally work). This is even better when one is not from any banned states and countries, there being more good games around, especially at NL; more so shorthanded.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:45 AM

I've had a few days vacation, spending a bit of it reading PNL, and you really need a period of time playing few tables, was 6-tabling (the limit of my screen, don't handle totally hidden tables well) FR NL10 and killing them, but I now I need quite a bit of time doing perhaps only 1-2 tables to adjust to looking at SPR with the great variety of stack sizes. I think it can become a second nature thing after a while. And then the benefit of SPR and commitment threshold kick in, because there will be far fewer tricky postflop decisions [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

EDIT: Forgot to mention, did happily 6 table LHE, 6-tabling NLHE is just as easy, unless you are trying to add new concepts to your game. Doubt that I will be more than 6-tabling NLHE, though.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:12 AM

The problem with multi-tabling NL is that if you don't multi-table, it can be god-awfully boring, but if you do multi-table, it can be overload if you get involved in two or more hands at the same time. I definitely multi-table, mostly because I don't have a lot of time for poker any more, so I like to get as many hands in as I can, but I think I'm losing value on some hands because I'll get involved in 2 or 3 big hands and decide one is more important than the others, so I play on auto-pilot for the less important hands.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:35 PM

Well, I glad this post has gotten some replies even though I hadn't been checking in on it. The new look of the website had thrown me off a bit, and I had forgot about this forum.

However, after reading PNL and the new STT book, I started playing a lot of STTs. I have played over 400 since I started this post. I ran hot, then cold, then got bored...so I keep coming back to wanting 50NL to be my main game.

However, after reading PNL it is like mind over load. There seems to be so much stuff to think about. I think I will play a few sessions of NL50 4-tabling and see how it goes.

I am seriously at a bad time in my poker career. I keep jumping from limit one month, then SNGs, then NL, then maybe some multis, then I'll dablle in O8, then back to SNGs, then back to NL.

I really have no clue what I want to play and it is frustrating the crap out of me.