Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Clear Your Head

I think there is a time where everyone needs to just stop, take a break and clear your head.

I just started playing poker again last friday after taking about 10 months off. The results so far have been amazing.

I used to play all the time. I was making money, but the swings were messing with my head. Poker is such a fun game as we all know, but when taken too seriously it can be very stressful.

Since I have been back I have cashed high in three of five MTT's. I got first in a $4.40/180, third in another, and 6th in a $6/360. My head feels so free and clear, and the game is so much fun again. I am seeing the game so much more clearly then I was 10 months ago and it is paying off for my mental state and my bankroll.

There is really no point to this post, and I am sure nobody cares, but I just wanted to share how I was feeling with someone. I dont have alot of poker friends, but 2+2 has helped me so much so I thought this was the place I should share my poker thoughts. I guess the only thing I am trying to say is don't take the game to seriously. Just have fun and play your game and it will all work out. Sorry for wasting you time.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Clear Your Head

Don't apologize man, you're completely right.

...although 10 months is a LONG break and if swings at low-level MTTs messes with your head, don't go pro [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2007, 03:41 PM

I don't think I could/would ever go pro, I just like playing. 10 months was a really long time. It was a mix of getting a job promotion and not having enough time and just needing a break from poker.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:43 PM

I think Pro players are simply huge gluttons for punishment :P.

My typical breaks are weekends away with my girl or like this upcoming weekend where I'm going to sit down and read a book (you know the one)....
Old 07-17-2007, 04:11 PM

I've taken several month breaks before and I feel much better and more motivated to come back and play. I just started playing again in the middle of May after not playing since the beginning of February. I've also taken a few weeks break since then and I always feel rejuvenated and the "fire" gets rekindled after a break.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:19 PM

Not sure about the majority of internet players but a complete break from online play is a MUST once in a while. I usually take a week or so every few months and I come back playing just how I wanna play. When I grind too hard I have a tendency to spew chips real easy and then it snowballs from there.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:45 PM

I haven't played poker except maybe 3 times since March. I just haven't been in the mood. And I got a Wii, man that thing is cool as [censored].

I'm sure one day I'll get the urge to play some more, but until then no rush.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... or like this upcoming weekend where I'm going to sit down and read a book (you know the one)....

[/ QUOTE ]

I need a whole week off so that I can reread those first 6 that I've forgotten...
Old 07-17-2007, 09:03 PM

Well I have it...now...technically...read it most of today....it's very good....very good.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I have it...now...technically...read it most of today....it's very good....very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

which?