Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Still haven\'t grasped this

A proper raise is about to $114 leaving $86 behind. I don't need to give them better than 1-2 pot odds to call with. I think I would just shove all in if I am going to 4 bet. You could just 4 bet to $114 and leave the $86 behind if you like though.

Case 1: I would only 4 bet if I had seen BB 3 bet before. If he hasn't made a squeek before, and this is his first raise and he has been playing awhile, I don't know if it is worth a shove. At best your an underdog to a pocket pair.

Case 2: Yes, this is a good spot to 4 bet I think.

Case 3: I might consider seeing a flop (flat calling) if I expected the button to make a continuation bet. If not just 4 bet.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A proper raise is about to $114 leaving $86 behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?
Old 06-24-2007, 06:33 PM

4bet, call, call. These aren't really tough spots atall imo, surely you see these spots all the time?
Old 06-24-2007, 07:14 PM

Hand 1: I 4-bet/call, we are ahead of villain's range here.

Hand 2: I 4-bet, again JJ is ahead of his range BVB.

Hand 3: Default is to 4-bet, but I can see a case being made to call and play post-flop here in position.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:35 PM

ummm ... everybody has addressed the situations individually, but really what your decisions in these sitautions depend on are the overall history you have w/ villain, and what has been happening most recently at that particular table.

like, you have to think about the table dynamics ... have you been pushing him around by 4bet shoving or 4betting half your stack often? ... what range of hands are you doing that with? or are you just flat calling most of his 3bets and trying to trap him w/ your bigger hands, and outflop him w/ your weaker hands? ... like, these factors i think determine much more what you should be doing in these situations than what everybody else has said.

most of it is common sense really, you have to think about like, does villain think he is frustrating you and forcing you to shove on him light? if so .. in the AK situation you probably should shove. i think even more of a case can be made for shoving it if youve shoved on him two or three times prior since hes obviously gonna give you less respect.
like .. .the decision needs to be based on the recent history, and the overall impression villain has of your play (i.e., does he think you are scared to felt light? does he know you will shove light?)

as far as the 4bet shove or 4bet to half stacks debate ... i think it probably mostly doesnt matter much except for the fact that you stay consistent. a good player will notice if you are 4bet shoving AK (and weaker non pair hands) and 4betting half stacks w/ AA, KK, QQ (to try to induce 5bet shove).
Old 06-24-2007, 07:40 PM

4bet overbet shoving with these hands especially in position is horrendous.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:42 PM

Jay,

Yeah, I see these spots all the time and I usually don't handle them as smoothly as I should.

I usually just push and gamble.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:50 PM

I don't like pushing JJ or QQ without a read that he is going to be calling me light - i.e. smaller pairs. This situation does not come up too often for me, and I assume for you also (haven't played with you but gather your not a huge LAG). In the JJ hand, I think calling is way better than shoving, but I quite like a 4bet with QQ - people never fold JJ+, AQ+ to me in a situation like this so I don't want to be pushing with the bottom of that range tbh. There is absolutely no harm in seeing a flop with these hands and putting the money in there.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:56 PM

I usually 4-bet them all.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually 4-bet them all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your getting calls from 99/TT often?