Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 06:08 AM

Default Re: nl25 -- cbet defense fundamentals

[ QUOTE ]
I would point out though that you are assuming he has some sense of position, which is by no means a given. I keep being surprised when I look at even seemingly solid players' stats on Realtime and finding that they raise the same % of hands regardless of what seat they're in. (Some even seem to raise more UTG lol.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I know I've seen this pattern sometimes when looking at players that I had a few thousand hands on, and was developing some respect for. Respect level nose-dived once this was noticed of course.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:39 AM

Floating OOP is bad.
Getting fancy VS UTG raiser is bad.

Now if hes the CO and your button, then we can party. Or if your BB and hes button(well tbh thats just a 3bet pre but w/e).
Old 09-29-2007, 01:05 PM

interesting, I missed most of these replies until now. Thanks for the thoughts, everyone.

I figured this was a fairly straightforward situation I had just forgotten how to play, but it seems there's no single great way to deal with it. A little lesson in why cbets work so well.

Another thing I learned at this table is that people don't roll over at 25NL like they do at 10NL, where most of my experience lies.

This hand, I decided to checkfold on the no-set-no-bet program, but this guy kept trying to beat me up, so I found some good spots to c/r bluff later, and started down the path to float enlightenment. Lots to learn...