Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 11:24 PM

Default Re: LC: Post #5,000 - Ask me whatever

What happened after your first 2,000 SNGs that greatly increased your consistency?
Old 11-12-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats Paul, help me with this ... when do you raise a c-bet? Eg what kind of hand do you need against what kind of player, assume v TAG, LAG and Unknown [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Get those secrets out!

[/ QUOTE ]
You have to be more specific. Every bet or raise has a purpose (for value, protect your hand, build the pot, bluff, semi-bluff, etc.) and it's going to be different in different situations.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:32 AM

how did you get do to those cool things having a BA in econ? like the movie script thing. im getting a BS in econ and dont have cool connections like you.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What happened after your first 2,000 SNGs that greatly increased your consistency?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nothing, PartyPoker was just really soft. It was right around SNG #4200 that PartyPoker pulled out of the US market and I had to play the terrible SNGs on Stars.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:46 AM

i never saw that hooker thread the first time around.

that was pretty awesome.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats Paul, help me with this ... when do you raise a c-bet? Eg what kind of hand do you need against what kind of player, assume v TAG, LAG and Unknown [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Get those secrets out!

[/ QUOTE ]
You have to be more specific. Every bet or raise has a purpose (for value, protect your hand, build the pot, bluff, semi-bluff, etc.) and it's going to be different in different situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

TY Paul, that is a full and complete answer. I mean it. If anyone doubts, they should think hard. Bizarrely, to many posters I'm sure, I don't think any other answer could have helped me clarify my thinking on the issue more. Suerte amigo!
Old 11-12-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone going to catch you in the STTF $50 league?

[/ QUOTE ]
No. But I just jinxed myself, so maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're both 7-2...

[/ QUOTE ]

Noooo [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how did you get do to those cool things having a BA in econ? like the movie script thing. im getting a BS in econ and dont have cool connections like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

The transcription job, I found that on Craigslist. I live in the NYC area so there are always a lot of weird/cool jobs here, especially in the "ETC" section.

Anyone with a high school diploma can become a real estate agent. You just have to take a course and pass a test. I worked with one of the top rental agencies in Manhattan but I had to start from the bottom, which was a lot of work for very little money. I didn't mind at the time cuz I just wanted to keep myself busy, and I was meeting a lot of cool people at the same time. The people who look for apartments in Manhattan were generally pretty wealthy, as the rents are pretty high in the city, and I got cool offers and stuff all the time. e.g. one time, I found an apartment for a woman who was an assistant producer for the David Letterman show and she offered me a couple of tickets (which I politely/stupidly turned down [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]). One of my co-workers got a blwjob.

Copy editing I think is the most tedious job I've had. Have to be really detail oriented and check all facts. If I had to copy edit a news article, I had to check all questionable proper names in Google to make sure they were spelled correctly, and also some writers have such bad sentence structure that I basically had to rewrite their article for them. But I'm really glad that I got to do this because I learned a lot about grammar and punctuation. Stuff that I use every day and even in this thread, e.g. there's usually a comma before the word "which," punctuation usually goes inside quotation marks, difference between "e.g." and "i.e."
Old 11-12-2007, 01:12 AM

handsome,

Are you happy with your poker journey and decision to be a pro and spend so much time at it?

What was the single most profitable and/or important idea/epiphany you've had concerning poker?

What are your impressions of me (relating to w/e)?

Yugoslav
Old 11-12-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Are you happy with your poker journey and decision to be a pro and spend so much time at it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes and no. I love the freedom and flexibility; not waking up early in the morning to rush to the office, not having a boss to answer to, being able to travel whenever and wherever I want, etc. But I hate that it involves me being in front of my computer all day. I hate that I don't have co-workers and that I don't meet new people.

[ QUOTE ]

What was the single most profitable and/or important idea/epiphany you've had concerning poker?

[/ QUOTE ]
Going to showdown. If you hit a pair in a heads up pot, it's probably good. But don't misapply this concept and start calling down with bottom pair in every HU pot.

[ QUOTE ]

What are your impressions of me (relating to w/e)?

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]
You have potential.

(Link for people who don't get it)