Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: The Office 11/8

"I took an extra shot of insulin in preparation for today, so I better get some cake soon or I might die."
Old 11-09-2007, 12:18 PM

all of you goddamn retards that constantly say how The Office sucks should take your nerdy asses and jump into oncoming traffic. It is a great show and is very funny. If you want dry British wit, then go to BBC and watch those bad teeth clowns squawking all day.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:43 PM

kidcornelia, please die.

i thought this ep was pretty good actually.

i loved the last scene. i didn't see it as a 'jim is becoming michael!' scene at all. more as a 'michael is actually pretty smart, realises what he is doing in the office, and is not all that different to jim, or anyone else'. it was great to see them having a genuine laugh together.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:44 PM

I'm sorta worried I didn't 'get' the last scene with Jim/Michael. Like, to me it just seemed really obvious but maybe I'm missing something more. Was it awesome b/c Michael comes off as capable/normal? B/c Jim kind of seems to accept that he was becoming Michael?

I just found the last scene really depressing, lol.

Overall decent but def not best episode. 30 mins still seems too short and 1 hour def seemed too long, lol.

Yugoslav
Old 11-09-2007, 02:11 PM

Yeti, I agree 100% with that assessment.

This episode was hilarious. In fact, all the 30 minute episodes have been good. This show drags at an hour.

Dwight had some gems:
"You need to be unconscious!"
"They'll call me the overkiller"
Old 11-09-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kidcornelia, please die.

i loved the last scene. i didn't see it as a 'jim is becoming michael!' scene at all. more as a 'michael is actually pretty smart, realises what he is doing in the office, and is not all that different to jim, or anyone else'. it was great to see them having a genuine laugh together.

[/ QUOTE ]

i kinda thought that, but then michael showed that he clearly didn't understand the "thats what she said" joke. after jim said it, michael went crazy because he seemed to actually understand why it was supposed to be funny? i don't know..

thought the episode was good. the part where angela got mad at jim was pretty funny. creed's demand for pie was a+, dwight staying with michael and having planned out how he would kill people, etc.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kidcornelia, please die.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was great. It's just too bad they've [censored] up Michael's character so badly that a scene with him acting like a real person actually seems out of place and inconsistent.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bah, pretty bad episode.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-09-2007, 03:55 PM

I think we need to split this thread into two threads every week. One can be a "Rate this Episode" thread. And the other can be "As a fan, let's talk about what you thought was funny" thread.

There really are two cross-purposes in this thread. Personally I get a lot more enjoyment out of sharing the stuff I think is funny with others, than out of reading a bunch of good or bad ratings.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:30 PM

Every episode has not lived up to expectations this year... I dunno maybe the show's just got old for, but I can remember thinking this was the greatest show ever for the first three seasons, and now I hardly get excited to watch it.