Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation gen advice - volume 2

tell HER to add you on facebook... be like yeah me, 'john smith, ohio state' just about every random girl has facebook so this would be an easy way to get her name.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:29 PM

intelligence is definately a deal breaker. long term its a lot more important than looks imo.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Simple question for you guys. I met a girl at a bar the other night. I'm incredibly drunk, probably hovering around being blacked out, and start hitting it off with this girl towards the end of the night. We leave the bar together in search of food. Eventually she gives me a ride home and we make out for a little while in front of my house. The problem is I inputed her number in my phone and dialed it rather than entering it as a new address with her name. When I woke up on Sunday, blank, I realize I have no clue what her name is. From what I remember she seems worth calling and trying to hang out with her again.

Note: Her voice mail doesn't contain her name.

What's the best line here? Call and explain I forgot her name? Other?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would call her and be completely honest. "Hey, this is ____, we met at the ____ bar the other night. Listen, you're going to think less of me, and probably never talk to me again, but I'm just going to be honest and say that I don't remember your name, but I do remember that I had a nice time with you. Do you want to get together sometime next week to discuss my drinking problem?"

tc
Old 11-08-2007, 01:34 PM

i should also add that this makes you sound like a huge alcoholic. you might take out the last line or at least follow it with, "i'm kidding, i don't really have a drinking problem, but it was a rough night," or something.

that is, unless you do have a drinking problem, in which case you might as well just be honest with her up front.

tc
Old 11-08-2007, 01:40 PM

Taylor,

Do you have a drinking problem? It's ok, you can tell us. We will make fun of you.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i should also add that this makes you sound like a huge alcoholic. you might take out the last line or at least follow it with, "i'm kidding, i don't really have a drinking problem, but it was a rough night," or something.

that is, unless you do have a drinking problem, in which case you might as well just be honest with her up front.

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl
Old 11-08-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Simple question for you guys. I met a girl at a bar the other night. I'm incredibly drunk, probably hovering around being blacked out, and start hitting it off with this girl towards the end of the night. We leave the bar together in search of food. Eventually she gives me a ride home and we make out for a little while in front of my house. The problem is I inputed her number in my phone and dialed it rather than entering it as a new address with her name. When I woke up on Sunday, blank, I realize I have no clue what her name is. From what I remember she seems worth calling and trying to hang out with her again.

Note: Her voice mail doesn't contain her name.

What's the best line here? Call and explain I forgot her name? Other?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would call her and be completely honest. "Hey, this is ____, we met at the ____ bar the other night. Listen, you're going to think less of me, and probably never talk to me again, but I'm just going to be honest and say that I don't remember your name, but I do remember that I had a nice time with you. Do you want to get together sometime next week to discuss my drinking problem?"

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this line is great except lose the never talk to me again and think less of me stuff. Just skip it, it's not going to help in any way.

Ideally it's best to work in *something* about the night you do remember. She's going to be much more excited to hang out with you again if you can remind her why you two had so much fun.

Yugoslav
Old 11-08-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

That last line is awesome and probably the best part of what you said! Except only as a joke, which is what it should sound like if you lose all the apologetic wimpy talk near the beginning. Definitely don't ever explain that you're joking unless it's clear she didn't get it.

Yugoslav
Old 11-08-2007, 02:43 PM

garcia1k,

How do *you* feel about your current g/f?

Yugoslav
Old 11-08-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

That last line is awesome and probably the best part of what you said! Except only as a joke, which is what it should sound like if you lose all the apologetic wimpy talk near the beginning. Definitely don't ever explain that you're joking unless it's clear she didn't get it.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

yugo trying to turn into a playa!