Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-28-2007, 05:15 PM

Default 10/20 Flop. Fold? Call? Push?

Full Tilt Poker Game #4326466366: Table Corkseed (6 max) - $10/$20 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 16:09:48 ET - 2007/11/28
Seat 1: KRESTEN ($730)
Seat 2: CrypticFact ($1,460)
Seat 3: MommaSub ($2,292)
Seat 4: Adriana1 ($497)
Seat 5: Rollover2k ($1,980)
Seat 6: Ben Roberts ($2,525.50)
Rollover2k posts the small blind of $10
Ben Roberts posts the big blind of $20
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Rollover2k [Ac Ts Kh Tc]
KRESTEN calls $20
CrypticFact folds
MommaSub folds
Adriana1 folds
Rollover2k calls $10
Ben Roberts checks
*** FLOP *** [Kc Jh 3c]
Rollover2k bets $60
Ben Roberts raises to $240
KRESTEN raises to $710, and is all in

Rollover2k????

First couple of hands I am playing so no session specific reads. I know Ben's range is going to include all the standard sets and top two's also big combo draws.

As it stands what's your play?
Old 11-28-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: 10/20 Flop. Fold? Call? Push?

I just shove. Your line looks so strong you should fold out bare KJ/33 and maybe even JJ, you have lots of outs if called, and you may be ahead of the shorty or at least in good shape. You might even get called by a combo draw, although since you have the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and two tens including the T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] it's hard for him to have a really good combo draw. It looks kind of gross stacking off for 2k in a $60 pot with top pair, but I think this is a good spot for it.

Also, I don't like folding a hand this good, and calling seems like an even worse option, so by process of elimination it must be a shove.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:25 PM

Yeah, pretty much RoundTower said. Calling's clearly wrong as villain will still shove in any spot where we don't want to get it in. Shoving disguises our hand, folds a couple hands we don't want to play with on the outside and will occasionally get us in against something like FD + wrap that we dominate.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:36 PM

I would be a bit worried that KRESTEN is counterfitting my drawing outs in this spot... Still, all things considered, I probably wind up pulling the trigger and shoving here. Although, it does suck to stack off vs Roberts' JJxx or KKxx here in a single-raised pot. Dunno, kind of a weird spot but with no game flow reads, I probably just shove and hope for the best.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:38 PM

Kinda surprised at the consensus, figured most would say fold with only $80 invested. I guess it's hard because I am rarely in great shape rarely in terrible shape.

Yeah, I mean even if there was a small raise preflop it makes the whole hand much easier for me push push push.

I am too lazy to do any of zee mathing right now, so here are the meaningless results of my fold.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1751586
<font color="green">4cardgrind - Please don't post URLs to off site locations. I'm going to more or less routinely disable URLs to off site locations. - Buzz</font>
Unfortunately, this is one of those spots where I am in pretty great shape if Ben comes in.. 67 for side, 40 for main

Now I am going to dwell on that because I am one results oriented mofo : )
Old 11-29-2007, 01:40 AM

Not too results oriented I guess, if you're beating yourself up over a fold where you would have lost the pot anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

P.S. I feel like I'm using too many smileys lately. How gay are these on a scale of 1-10?
Old 11-29-2007, 01:42 AM

Old 11-29-2007, 06:24 AM

Instant shove with shorty in play.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:27 AM

Because KRSTEN can have combo draws holding our cards, IMO, it is all the more important to shove here and try to get 33, KJ, and even JJ to fold (like roundtower said).

You're priced in anyway, so might as well try to make some dead money by pushing villain out.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just shove. Your line looks so strong you should fold out bare KJ/33 and maybe even JJ, you have lots of outs if called, and you may be ahead of the shorty or at least in good shape. You might even get called by a combo draw, although since you have the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and two tens including the T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] it's hard for him to have a really good combo draw. It looks kind of gross stacking off for 2k in a $60 pot with top pair, but I think this is a good spot for it.

Also, I don't like folding a hand this good, and calling seems like an even worse option, so by process of elimination it must be a shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is calling the worse choice?
Here I want to go 3-way, and don't want the big stack to fold... I expect him to shove to be sure I can play a big pot.
Is it a bad idea?

haven't seen the results btw