Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-24-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: GF invites me to wake, whats my line?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The OP should have read :

"I want to continue blowing my load into a chick that wants me to go to the funeral for her grandfather when I don't give a [censored] about her or him. How can I get out of it and still stick my peepee in her?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Hilarity!

OP, if you want to keep dating her, be honest.

"Honey, I know that you need support during this time. I just don't really feel comfortable meeting your family under such awful circumstances. This is a private family matter and it would make me VERY uncomfortable to be there. That being said, I'll go if you need me."

Hey, maybe she'll let you pork her when she stops crying, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently it's a "thing" that after a funeral everybody has sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

At mine, it's open bar and topless waitresses. You're all invited.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:10 PM

go idiot. I can't even believe you have to ask
Old 11-24-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
go idiot. I can't even believe you have to

[/ QUOTE ]

also, I vote to ban anyone that uses "Whats my line" or "whats my play" instead of "what should i do?"
Old 11-24-2007, 06:27 PM

If you just say "I don't want to go" she will be pissed.

If you say it nicely, explaining that you're not comfortable with it and all(AKA expressing your feelings), she might understand if you don't go.

If you suck it up and go anyway, you will get some nice brownie points.

If you explain your feelings about not being comfortable with it and then go anyway, you will get anal.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What if I don't want to break up and I don't want to go?

To be honest if she dumps me because of this, then she coudn't think too much of me the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

The single biggest thing most women want in a man is someone she knows can support her when she's emotionally distressed. You have failed to provide this at a time when she needed it the most. From her point of view, you have basically said "I don't care about you." Now, women are to some extent used to this from men, so you might get away with it, at least for a while, but overall it's really bad to consistantly do this kind of thing.

The guy version would be like discovering that your GF will never ever give you head or do it doggie style. As much as you might like the girl, it might well be a deal breaker.

Seriously, if you want to pursue this relationship, you really have to go.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:35 PM

Doesn't sound like you care at all about this "gf". I wouldn't go then. But if you're looking for an out of the relationship, I doubt you'll get dumped over this. She will, like all women, remember this for eternity if you do decide to become more serious.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does she want you to go or is she making you feel like you have to go? Have you talked to her about it at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

She is making me feel like I have to go, and she knows I have some plans for tomorrow. She gave me 1 day notice (its tomorrow).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, people don't die with notice, so wakes have very short notice. You just have to drop your plans and go when it happens and not bitch about not having enough notice.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:37 PM

massive LOL at every OOT girl thread that turns into "you obv don't care about her if you don't want to go to her grandfather's funeral" ... get outta here. funerals suck, other peoples' family funerals are awkward and unpleasant, whether or not you care about the person. not wanting to go is fine, and telling her it makes you uncomfortable meeting her family for the first time at a funeral is fine, because that would be a [censored] up way to meet someone's family. i don't see any problem just telling her plainly that it makes you uncomfortable (but through in a "of course, if you really want me there, i'll come with you, i just want to explain why i'm reluctant")
Old 11-24-2007, 06:45 PM

Doesn't matter what the excuse is, men will always look like dogs here if they don't go. It appears selfish and unsympathetic. If you are always afraid of awkward, unexpected family situations when it comes to dating, then you are likely unexperienced. Suck it up if you care. Otherwise don't.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't matter what the excuse is, men will always look like dogs here if they don't go. It appears selfish and unsympathetic. If you are always afraid of awkward, unexpected family situations when it comes to dating, then you are likely unexperienced. Suck it up if you care. Otherwise don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry but this is just not the case