Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 11-25-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Scoop

I saw this movie while I took a bus yesterday. Scoop is the latest Woody Allen movie. I liked it a lot. I am aware critics didn't like it, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. The movie is fun, funny and entertaining. I really like the characters, Woody Allen's "Sid" with his constant phrase "I love you, really. With all due respect, you're a beautiful person. You're a credit to your race", made me laugh each time it appears. Scarlett does have a "funny" quality as Woody Allen mentions in interviews. I also thought Hugh Jackman as the son of a lord was a pretty good character.

Did anyone else in the Lounge enjoy this movie?
Old 11-25-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Scoop

My wife and I saw this last Summer when were on vacation in Newport R.I. There is this old restored movie house that enhances the experience so we always try to catch a flick when we are down there. We both liked it, not knee slapping funny, but funny and entertaining none the less.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:41 PM

hugh jackman is really hot in this movie imo. overall a decent flick--enjoyable, but not amazing.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My wife and I saw this last Summer when were on vacation in Newport R.I. There is this old restored movie house that enhances the experience so we always try to catch a flick when we are down there.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the Jane Pickens Theater on Washington Square (Newport was my hometown).

Washington Square was used in many location shots for the film
Amistad and the courthouse on the East side of the square hosted both of the infamous Claus Von Bulow trial. My Mom's friend was on the first jury (which convicted [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

~ Rick
Old 11-26-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My wife and I saw this last Summer when were on vacation in Newport R.I. There is this old restored movie house that enhances the experience so we always try to catch a flick when we are down there.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the Jane Pickens Theater on Washington Square (Newport was my hometown).

Washington Square was used in many location shots for the film
Amistad and the courthouse on the East side of the square hosted both of the infamous Claus Von Bulow trial. My Mom's friend was on the first jury (which convicted [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the Jane Pickens theater, couldn't remember the name. I knew about the Amistad location shots, heard that they covered all the paved roads with dirt etc.

And always get a chuckle out of seeing Claus Von Bulow's name on that plaque at the beginning of the cliff walk.