Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL

Old 10-02-2007, 03:24 AM

Default middle set in a huge multiway pot

2/5 NL live. I have 500, UTG has about 200, button has us way covered. No reads on either player.

4 players limp (lol) and the button raises to 20 (LOL). SB folds, I call in the BB with 88 (yes?). All other limpers call, 6 to the flop for 120.

Flop comes A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

I lead out (?) for 120 (??). UTG shoves for his last 180 or so. Folded around to button, who thinks, looks at my stack, and shoves. I have 360 left, the main pot has 480, and the side pot has 360 obviously. My play is to...

Also, if you call, do you also call with 33? If you fold, then how would you play the flop differently to avoid this scenario?
Old 10-02-2007, 03:34 AM

Default Re: middle set in a huge multiway pot

push that all day. 33 too.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:37 AM

This certainly isn't my favorite way to flop a set in a 6-handed pot, but I think I like that ace more than I dislike it (Button could have an ace with a big club kicker, for instance), but I think it's a call.

I don't think 33 is too different. (It merely adds 3 combos that have you beat.) I would call with that too.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:56 AM

PJ, you will go crazy from stress in NL if you overthink these type of hands. You have a set for 100 bb: short of him showing you a flush (then its math time) or AA there is nothing more to think about here. You did fine and found a way to get your stack in. Whole thing looks perfect as long as you didn't fold [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-03-2007, 06:51 AM

No, I didn't fold. I actually insta-called, like within a millisecond. UTG showed K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and button showed 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I didn't improve and went busto. The table looked at me like i was insane. So I figured that maybe I don't understand NL since I assumed this was a call.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The table looked at me like i was insane. So I figured that maybe I don't understand NL since I assumed this was a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling 360 to win 840 would be insta if the hands were turned face up, right? Worst case, button has AA; everything else: you're either ahead or have sufficient pot odds to draw. It's a good table if people don't get this.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I didn't fold. I actually insta-called, like within a millisecond. UTG showed K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and button showed 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I didn't improve and went busto. The table looked at me like i was insane. So I figured that maybe I don't understand NL since I assumed this was a call.

[/ QUOTE ]
UTG limped with K2s, Button raised with 74s, and people looked at YOU like you were insane?
Old 10-03-2007, 05:10 PM

In 6-handed pots, should I be less likely to lead out on the flop this hard? Or in NL is it just "flop a set, get it in."
Old 10-03-2007, 09:19 PM

PJ,

With the PFR being on the Button, your relative position dictates that you should definitely be leading to maximize the dead money you can trap between yourself and the PFR. Checking here (and either raising or calling) would be pretty bad for getting the most value out of hands we're ahead of (other than PFR).

Also, all of your decisions look right on target to me.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:18 PM

Say 'I like to gamboool' and order another beer.