Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 09:01 PM

Default What is the most -EV hand in limit hold\'em?

This one is for the people with huge PT databases, hundreds of thousands of hands. I'm looking for a consensus on what hands people lose the most bets with. Seven deuce is the worst hand but obviously it doesn't lose the most money because people almost always fold it. I'm looking for the hand (or possibly group of hands) that consistently cost people the most money in limit hold'em. Anything that people with large PT databases are kind enough to share would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:07 PM

Default Re: What is the most -EV hand in limit hold\'em?

I don't remember the place, but I saw a chart with the average win/loss of every hand played, among all players for an entire site. I think the site was Pacific Poker.

The biggest losses by far were incurred with Ax offsuit.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:10 PM

I am looking at a friends database which is far bigger than mine and he wins much more than me. The big losers are 96s and T4s, both at -.18BB/hand. 72o is -.13 BB/hand, 72s is (-.10)BB/hand.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:59 PM

Earlier this year at a room some dealer told the table that the hand that loses the most money was A2o. Don't know if he was right or not.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This one is for the people with huge PT databases, hundreds of thousands of hands. I'm looking for a consensus on what hands people lose the most bets with. Seven deuce is the worst hand but obviously it doesn't lose the most money because people almost always fold it. I'm looking for the hand (or possibly group of hands) that consistently cost people the most money in limit hold'em. Anything that people with large PT databases are kind enough to share would be greatly appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

This differs for each player. I looked at this recently. For me it was 22. It shouldn't be. It means I've played this hand in places I should not have. The worst ev hand for most people will not be something you consider to be complete garbage as most will fold it almost every time. It is more likely some marginal hand that you are playing incorrectly.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Earlier this year at a room some dealer told the table that the hand that loses the most money was A2o. Don't know if he was right or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is correct among non-skilled players. Most of them play any ace and play it till showdown when an ace flops regardless of how much betting there is. Among the readers here it is unlikely that small offsuit aces will be among the big losers.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am looking at a friends database which is far bigger than mine and he wins much more than me. The big losers are 96s and T4s, both at -.18BB/hand. 72o is -.13 BB/hand, 72s is (-.10)BB/hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your friend wins much more than you? It is hard to see how he wins at all if he is playing those hands anywhere other than the big blind in unraised pots. And if he were only playing them in those situations then they would not be his biggest losers.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your friend wins much more than you? It is hard to see how he wins at all if he is playing those hands anywhere other than the big blind in unraised pots. And if he were only playing them in those situations then they would not be his biggest losers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Emerson - my friend is a huge winner - and I mean mega huge, and a very respected player by everyone on this forum. I don't want to name names, thats why I said it the way I did. That sample includes some very short handed play, over 600k hands.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Emerson - my friend is a huge winner - and I mean mega huge, and a very respected player by everyone on this forum. I don't want to name names, thats why I said it the way I did. That sample includes some very short handed play, over 600k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, then you need to qualify. If you include heads up and three handed play it is a different ball game.

When I filter stats I usually check the boxes so that it only considers hands played with 4 or more players. Very short handed games should be looked at on their own.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:19 AM

top 5:
t8s
t7s
k2s
a4o

why do i lose so much with 22 (decent winner with 33, for example)?