Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2006, 02:06 PM

Default Re: where to retire - a marijuana post

Whiskey is going to bust his as for 20 years, make a decent amount of money, and then he want to retire, travel the world and smoke some herb.

What the hell is wrong with that? The person who made the alcohol comment was 100% correct. It's not your lifestyle, don't judge it. If he wants to smoke pot everyday then let him.

How many times do people tell you guys not to play poker all the time? This is exactly the same thing.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to know why we feel paranoid and uncomfortable about smoking, there's some pretty good examples why in this very thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

wine,

im a liberal in flaming austin. i dont mind pot. i say smoke up. have fun. do whatever you want.

when pot or alcohol is a daily or near daily habit it's time to evaluate yourself.

time to get that chip off your shoulder.

bwana

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree daily pot really starts to wear on you. A positive though it is very easy to quit with little withdrawl after years of abuse. Me = 4 years constantly smoking, got bored and gave it up in a week. I still ocasinally smoke but once in a blue moon as it really blows me away now.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it says the OP may have a substance abuse issue.

this isnt a casual thing he enjoys doing every so often. he does it every day as you mentioned and now in his mind, he's planning his retirement around it.

[/ QUOTE ]
By this line of reasoning, 90% of twoplustwo has a gambling problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also think they're alcoholics and sex addicts - so am I, but it's hard to be an addict to something I can't get - LOL -

RB
Old 03-16-2006, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you'll probably grow out of weed. most people do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like this guy...

[ QUOTE ]
i'll probably meet some bimbo tonight at the club, knock her up, and end up supporting her fat ass for the rest of my life - better double bag it (:

[/ QUOTE ]

More reason to leave the country afterwards.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious, what do you think are the chances of getting busted if you're just using, not actually selling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Slim ----------> None
Old 03-16-2006, 02:37 PM

i don't know about slim to none.. considering there are almost 800k arrest each year..mostly for personal amounts.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:06 PM

There are a lot of really stupid people in this world. If you're somewhat intelligent, your risk goes way down.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:59 PM

If you are just maxing your 401k (10k a year) and want to retire in 20 years, then I hope you have been investing in an IRA (only 4.5k a year)and have an investment account. 59 1/2 is the earliest you can withdraw a 401k and IRA without penalty. Are you really going to be smoking dope at age 60? Also Europe is more expensive than living in the States. Your tax burdens are much higher in many of the 1st world Euro countries as compared to ours.
20 years of just 401k investing at 10k a year for 20 years earning 10 percent is under 600k (without inflation/taxes factored in). Just a thought. Anyway good luck to you.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are many countries where marijuana is tolerated but not legal. Technically it is not legal in Amsterdam, either. The law is simply not enforced.

For my suggestion, try looking into New Zealand. It is the cleanest country on earth that isn't half-glacier, the politics are progressive and liberal, everyone speaks english, and it's the most beautiful place in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are the native people there? Do they hate the whites like so many other native peoples?
Old 03-16-2006, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are just maxing your 401k (10k a year) and want to retire in 20 years,

[/ QUOTE ]

and what if he's putting the maximum of $15,000 starting in 2006?

i think you need to update your books from 1999.

bwana
Old 03-16-2006, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that one of your criteria for where you want to retire is, where weed is legalized, is pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that pathetic, the pursuit of happiness is not so much pathetic as natural. Maybe you prefer your happiness to be the straight edge kind, but why flame someone else for what not even a little bit bothers you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus, doesnt anyone practice common sense? Ive done a lot of drugs, I still smoke pot. Would I ever base a MAJOR LIFE CHANGING DECISION on how a drug affects me? No, because Im a sane individual. Drugs dont make you happy, drugs are fun, I have a good time when I do them, but they arent what make me happy. If weed is the thing that makes you truly happy in life, enough to take the trouble to move out of the country, you need a change of lifestyle.

Edit: why not just move to colorodo?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I wouldn't do a lot of drinking in Saudi Arabia or do a lot dope in Texas.