Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: The Official FGators Put up or Shut up Thread

everyone knows ur sn already, even i do and i dont play there
Old 10-10-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the poker ev graph will be pointless, i've seen i think two graphs of anyone who ran above expectation and the majority i have seen are far below expectation.

[/ QUOTE ]

selection bias ftw
Old 10-10-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the poker ev graph will be pointless, i've seen i think two graphs of anyone who ran above expectation and the majority i have seen are far below expectation.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the money jsut disappears into a black hole I guess?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the poker ev graph will be pointless, i've seen i think two graphs of anyone who ran above expectation and the majority i have seen are far below expectation. [/q
uote]

What is a good # (or one that proves somebody would run terrible over like 4 million hands)?

OMFG THIS IS EITHER GOING TO BE EPIC OR A LET DOWN I WILL TAKE THE LATTER BUT MAN I HAVE A BONER

I'll transfer the money back if it proves I run ridiculously well.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

id rather pay for you to take an IQ test
Old 10-10-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what about if it shows u run ave?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:05 PM

i also have a massive boner thinking about FGator's graph, even though i've always been one to say that PokerEV show about 1% of the story, as far as running good/bad goes.

oh and is that you in your picture?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:07 PM

fgators,

as i said before, u dont get any value at all from your marginal hands due to the image u promote.

the big hands and coolers u experience constitutes prob 98% of ur winnings or losses, whereas players who consistently win depend on those situations far less as their means of extracting money. they generate and win significantly more of those $60 pots that you never win because you just check call oop and never fire multiple barrels or riverbets with those marginal hands.

as a result of this, u make urself incredibly exploitable and regulars can handread you easy so they never donate to you. when you do things like CC on a 982 flop oop, when the turn is a king, whatever hero has in position you prob CF the turn like 90% of the time.

conversely, when u cc on a J63 flop oop after just calling pre, we can safely put you on QJ+ and know not to fire any more barrels unless we improve. so when we do, you scream like a little girl how the PokerStars RNG has screwed you over, when in reality it's your playing style that has.

basically out of this comes the theory of gator dollars. other players who play looser and valuebet thinner are capable of finding more +EV spots from both regs and fish, and thus make more.

you, however, stand to never make any money in postflop situations, and can only stack donkeys.

I anticipate your pokerEV thing to maybe run slightly better or worse than the norm, but it will be considerably more erratic than other players at your level, because they are able to influence and win bigger pots that you would never even have thunk to do. the best example I can think of is you never end up with a hand on the river for stacks that backed into something.

anyways, this is the most and prob last I will say on the subject. FGators plays a style of poker that can crush tournaments, SNGs, and live cashgames in most places, however in online cashgames above $1/2 his inability to extract value from thinner than obvious spots leads to his only "swings" coming from cooler situations that [i]everyone else experiences[i]. as a result, his winrate is close to zero, deviating only above or below the norm when he wins or loses his coolers more often than is normal.
Closed Thread