Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 11:51 PM

Default 10/20 live AA

So, I was playing at the Borg in the wee hours of the morning when the following hand came up. The table was very good for the most part (3 or so weak spots at the table). Villain in this hand has played rather oddly in some situations. It's almost as if he doesn't understand the "normal" mechanics of a limit game (e.g. he 3-bet PF w/AJo in the BB after someone upfront raised and 3 others cold called, he 3-bet someone heads up with KK on a board of A866 rainbow and then finally mucked after he got 4-betted). My image is TAGish (only been at the table for 3 or 4 orbits). I open raise in LP w/AA and a weak spot behind me cold calls. BB (Villain) calls.

FLOP K52 (2 hearts) 6.5 small bets
Villain leads, I raise, weak spot cold calls again.

TURN K529 (2 hearts) 6.25 big bets
Villain leads again. At this point, I put him on a K and the guy behind me on some kind of draw (most likely a flush draw, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had some kind of wheel draw). So, I raised again, the fish behind me cold calls again, and now Villain repops it. I call and the fish calls.

RIVER K529T (2 hearts) 15.25 big bets

Villain leads. Can I muck here or is the pot too big that I have to make a crying call? Thanks
Old 03-23-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: 10/20 live AA

You've seen him 3-bet an underpair on the turn. You have to call.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:12 AM

You can't muck especially given the description of him.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:22 AM

just to answer the question, yes you have to call. It sucks that you lost but just imagine the feeling of folding in the 300+ dollar pot because he kept donking you and showed a K.

you are good more than 6% here, don't think just throw the chips in.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:17 AM

Folding here would be stupid.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:50 AM

tough spot, but yes you have to call.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, I was playing at the Borg in the wee hours of the morning when the following hand came up. The table was very good for the most part (3 or so weak spots at the table). Villain in this hand has played rather oddly in some situations. It's almost as if he doesn't understand the "normal" mechanics of a limit game (e.g. he 3-bet PF w/AJo in the BB after someone upfront raised and 3 others cold called, he 3-bet someone heads up with KK on a board of A866 rainbow and then finally mucked after he got 4-betted). My image is TAGish (only been at the table for 3 or 4 orbits). I open raise in LP w/AA and a weak spot behind me cold calls. BB (Villain) calls.

FLOP K52 (2 hearts) 6.5 small bets
Villain leads, I raise, weak spot cold calls again.

TURN K529 (2 hearts) 6.25 big bets
Villain leads again. At this point, I put him on a K and the guy behind me on some kind of draw (most likely a flush draw, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had some kind of wheel draw). So, I raised again, the fish behind me cold calls again, and now Villain repops it. I call and the fish calls.

RIVER K529T (2 hearts) 15.25 big bets

Villain leads. Can I muck here or is the pot too big that I have to make a crying call? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

You have an overpair and there are 15 big bets in the pot. Do you realize how often you'd have to be correct for a fold to be the play? You will win this pot more often than one out of 16 times. Call.

Plus, if other players even suspect you are capable of folding in situations like this they'll be taking shots at you all the time.