Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Working out with the iPod Shuffle

So I finally bought the Shuffle b/c it had such a low profile and was sick of a huge bulky armband that held my previous MP3 player...but i'm having trouble figuring out the way to make the shuffle (+headphones!) as unobtrusive as possible -- i know they sell the workout armband which i might end up getting...is that the best way to do it?
I basically had a hard time figuring out where to clip this thing and how to coil the long chord of the headphones to keep it as unobtrusive as possible. Any suggestions?

(also feel free to steal my idea for the next best-selling iPod model: the iGym. basically a 1-GB (or greater) MP3 player encased entirely within a pair of headphones -- they could make both behind-the-neck-style or ear-bud style. the technology to make this happen surely couldn't be that far off -- there's something called the iMonster Freeplay which sucks, don't get it...it's a set of bulky headphones that u can plunk the iPod shuffle onto for a completely cordless workout, but the thing looks retarded when u put it on, an dit's $50 so i returned it.)
Old 09-12-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Working out with the iPod Shuffle

hmm, i use the regular 60gb video ipod and never have a problem...it goes in my front pocket during most lifts and in my backpocket during deadlifts/rack pulls...

i put the headphone cord under my shirt and thru a belt loop so that it doesn't get in my way...
Old 09-12-2007, 07:43 PM

I've got the shuffle and I clip it to my shirt sleeve. I have headphones with retractable cords. Each headphone sort of clips over each ear. The cord wraps behind my head from ear to ear, then goes over to the sleeve. It never gets in my way, either lifting weights or running on the elliptical machine.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:16 PM

I just clip mine to the neck of my shirt. Very unobtrusive.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:57 PM

I clip it to the waist band of my shorts and run the headphones up under my shirt.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I clip it to the waist band of my shorts and run the headphones up under my shirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

when I do squats/dl or other leg work i put it on the side otherwise it cuts into me, otherwise i just keep it in front of me on my waistband
Old 09-13-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, me too, but I move it from time to time depending on what I'm doing. I think the headphone length is pretty much perfect- not to long, not too short (I have a new shuffle for the gym).
Old 09-13-2007, 05:20 PM

I have the old Shuffle I just put it in my pocket and run the cord down the inside of my shirt. It's not that big of a deal.